Plummeting October 23 Temperatures In The US

Over the past 70 years, October 23 temperatures have fallen more than two degrees F in the US.

On this date in 1963, about half of the US was over 80 degrees.

16 Responses to Plummeting October 23 Temperatures In The US

1. Rob says:

Curious why you are starting at 1947. I hope it isn’t because starting at the usual spot for the daily charts shows an upward trend and you will do what you can to hide anything that shows that on the site. That would be no better than the global warmists doing their data altering and cherry picking.

• tonyheller says:

How would warming prior to 1947 or cooling after 1947 have any relationship to CO2?

Your inability to think rationally is very telling. And you don’t understand the difference between the logic of proof and disproof. For a theory to be correct it has to work all the time. To disprove a theory you just need to demonstrate one case where it doesn’t work.

I’ve seen people like Rob here before – trolls attempting to disrupt the conversation with idiotic comments.

• RAH says:

I get so tired of that crap. Doesn’t matter what period you choose Tony somebody will claim or imply that your cherry picking. This despite the fact that you have provided the code with instructions how to use it and the database of source data for them to do their own plots for what ever period the data is available for. Spoon feeding information to some people is not enough it seems. They also want you to wipe their chin and burp them. And then they will barf on your shoulder.

• Colorado Wellington says:

?

Good thing I know better than sipping coffee while reading. I always set down my cup before opening the next thread …

• ran6110 says:

Wise man…

• RAH says:

If you could not tell my mood is not the best today. Perhaps because overnight Indian Summer ended here and Fall weather moved in. Dreary here.

Also sometimes my nonscheduled for work gets to me. Ran a trailer load of new toilets and urinals that originated in Mexico from the Anderson terminal to the American Standard facility in Oak Groove, OH (South of Columbus). Good run and back in my own bed by 22:30 last night. But tonight at 23:00 I depart with a load of exhaust parts for the TENNECO facility in Smithville, TN. Take a break there and deliver at 16:00 tomorrow and then drive back to Anderson. Just once I wish they would come up with loads for me that keep me on a reasonable schedule for a week instead of inverting my circadian rhythm every week.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I know from personal experience it gets harder with age. I could go two nights without sleep and then catch up like nothing unusual happened.

Then again, your wit only seems to get better when they disrupt your rhythm…

• RAH says:

Yep. I can still do it but it takes longer to recover. Thus usually my Friday off is just spent resting to get back to feeling good again. That leaves Saturday for me to get done what ever personal tasks or home maintenance that is pending.

And as I was typing the above work called. They got the Smithville, TN run covered so I don’t have to do it. Most likely won’t go back out until tomorrow morning during regular business hours. Miracles never cease.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Cannon fodder. They are saving higher skilled trolls for operations with better success odds.

• EdB says:

Easy Tony.. the poster may well have thought that temperature charts are all just cherry picked. You yourself understand that the big growth in CO2 happened after 1950, and thus the temperature decline invalidates the CO2 warming hypothesis.

That understanding goes beyond the thinking of 99% of folks.

• ran6110 says:

So, what’s the ‘usual spot’ in your opinion?

• Gator says:

… starting at the usual spot for the daily charts shows an upward trend…

And yet Rob does not question this “usual spot”. That tells us all we need to know about Rob.

• AndyG55 says:

Perhaps little robby could produce the graph back to say, the late 1930’s, and post it for us. ;-)

Could you do that per-lease, little robby.

2. Steve Case says:

I remember that late October spike of nice weather in 1963. It was great.

• Andy DC says:

October 1963 was the nicest month of weather in DC that I can recall, no rain and endless Indian Summer. I was also very lucky to be a kid when kids actually did fun activities and played sports outside rather than being glued to their devices.

In October 1963, there were multiple touch football games to choose from. I knew the feel of throwing the perfect pass or making a great catch that precious few have a chance to experience today, outside of an adult regimented team setting.