Massively Dishonest Leftists

I make a tweet about sea ice in the Beaufort Sea which includes a circle showing the area I am discussing, and get accused of being massively dishonest – because some alarmist doesn’t want to talk about that part of the Arctic, and because he thinks 2003 was five years ago.

Keith Kondakor on Twitter: “Massively dishonest tweet”

23 Responses to Massively Dishonest Leftists

1. frederik wisse says:

Keith Kondakor is not hindered by knowledge upon creation of his tweets . He is certainly proud of being an agitator showing his apparatus . Almost certainly a pot-smoker like Obama who killed his brains long ago.

2. Disillusioned says:

Just read that idiot’s tweets from your link. Sheesh.

3. Gator says:

Hmmm. A bullhorn for a bullsh!tter. Leftists do tend to believe that increased volume somehow confers increased credibility.

4. GCsquared says:

IMHO, a tempest in a teapot. On the one hand, Kondakor needn’t have written “Massively dishonest tweet.” to make the point that the region from Svalbarg to Velitsky Strait is indeed bereft of ice (as well as is most of the Beaufort Sea). (I grant him the likelihood that 5 was a typo of 15.) OTOH, the small increase in ice extent responsible for making the ice bridge that Tony points out is sort of a “meh” to me, though if the reverse had happened, I’m sure it would have been all over the news, so the #FakeNews is warranted, sort of.

I don’t get too excited over one-day comparisons (unlike the NYT and others). I’m sitting back, munching popcorn and watching the show.

• Mr GrimNasty says:

‘Whataboutism’ – the screams from the alarmists/media when a small bit of ice blew away from the N. coast of Greenland a few weeks ago. That was a wild cherry pick if ever there was one. It’s the brazen hypocrisy (i.e. dishonesty) that matters.

• tonyheller says:

Five foot thick ice doesn’t appear “in one day” during September.

• GCsquared says:

I take your point, of course, but mine was that conclusions drawn from comparing one-day or even seasonal snapshots don’t say much about long-term climate trends. Sure, had your observation had been the other way around, the media definitely would have been all over it like a cheap suit. And I emphatically agree that this second point demonstrates the horribly biased MSM reporting on this topic. But I don’t think either year’s ice thickness indicates any particular trend, certainly not with the force that the graphs that you post do.

So I don’t find this particular post either alarming or soothing. I suppose I could work myself up about the deceptions of the MSM, but I’ve long since realized (though have not quite accepted) that the MSM have their own agenda, which IMHO is more behavioral than political.

The assertion of “climate change” is that it’s supposed to be some kind of unusual historical trend, and you’re one of the few who’s actually looking at the record, and finding it wanting. Great work.

• Kaiser Derden says:

nice attempt at being a concern troll … but isn’t it tiring to makes excuses for the lies of your team all the time ? don’t you wish they just wouldn’t lie …

• Colorado Wellington says:

GCsquared:

Until somebody slanders me personally I don’t get too excited about such things, either, but having dealt with massively dishonest Leftists for half a century I don’t give them as a class the benefit of doubt anymore.

I will, of course, do so with individuals who show that they are not massively dishonest. Frequently they are disillusioned people at different milestones of the way out of the “progressive” belief system.

They are interesting persons who have much to contribute because of their deep understanding of the Leftist mindset.

5. spike55 says:

The really funny thing is that his tweet shows VERY CLEARLY that there is THICKER sea ice in Beaufort this year than in 2003, especially in the are circled.

Well done Keith K… take a massive FACEPLANT. !!! :-)

• Griff says:

Yes. Why is there? did it not melt? No. did it suddenly freeze after minimum? No.

And no mention of the entire Atlantic side where there is less ice than ever before at minimum… or of the ice similarly pushed in recnt weeks into the Fram strait.

• Gator says:

Ha ha! Funny! MAGA! Am I right, just like you?

• spike55 says:

Do you DENY what is right in front your eyes you poor DESPERATE little troll?

No there is NOT less sea ice than “ever”

You are limited to a tiny patch of time of your insignificant childish DENIAL existence.

There is MORE sea ice than for most of the first 9000+ years of the Holocene. The extent is ANOMALOUSLY HIGH

Are you INTENTIONALLY LYING again, or just continuing with your IGNORANCE and CLIMATE CHANGE DENIAL?

Come on griff, which is it??

6. Griff says:

Where did the ice come from in that part of the Beaufort? It was pushed in, recently, from the Central Arctic. It did NOT freeze sine the (21st September) minimum.

This site -which has certificate problems, so you may get alarming messages, but really is quite safe, allows you to look at ice drift/travel over he last 30 days.

And I’m not a leftist! Nor are climate scientists.