Planetary Healing Powers Of Presidents

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment  when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal

• Barack Obama  June 3rd, 2008

Several days ago, President Trump was blamed by The Washington Post for category 4 Florence, so apparently he downgraded Florence to a category 0 at landfall. Not only that, but using Washington Post logic, the President has also cooled the planet at a rate of almost ten degrees per century since he was elected. A few more Trump terms and Earth will be in an ice age.

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

Obama bragged about healing the planet, but his record wasn’t so good. Earth warmed at a rate of more than three degrees per century during his presidency.

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

25 Responses to Planetary Healing Powers Of Presidents

1. RAH says:

BTW remember Obama? “This was the moment when the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal”

2. Gator says:

Come on Tony! Everyone good progressive knows that Obama gets credit for lower temperatures and a booming economy, and Trump gets the blame for every bit of bad weather and school shootings. Get your facts straight Heller!

3. pinroot@gmail.com says:

Obama’s currently on tour closing credit for the booming economy after telling everyone that jobs went coming back and we would just have to learn how to live with low and slow economic growth. what a joke…

• neal s says:

I know you meant “jobs weren’t coming back”.

Especially since ozero and all the experts claimed it would be impossible for anyone to get the results that PDJT has actually managed to achieve.

I think it would be great if at some time when ozero is taking credit for the economy that is not his, that PDJT would tell him “You didn’t build that!”

• Former95B says:

Sounds like Jimmy Carter’s “Malaise”.

4. Spiritus Mundi says:

Obama’s kids getting themselves some global warming repatriations. You know, since climate change disporpotionally effects minorities.

• gofer says:

Store management said they did not want the police involved. This is what it has come to, just let them steal. Unbelievable how some act during a crisis.

5. Edward Burgener says:

Tony;
    I downloaded your software and data files. It works fine. Thank you.

Since I am not able to decode your software, can you enlighten me on how you select records to look at? For example, you mentioned the E records as being infilled. Are these excluded? You mentioned poor quality sites, due to parking lots etc. Do you select for class 1 and 2, ie the best sites, or is the data file already those best sites? If so, why would the E records be there, if they are? I am trying to get an understanding on the quality of the data being analyzed. Thanks in advance.

PS: Will good quality data files from other countries be in your future plans?

6. THX1138 says:

“O king,” they cried, “there never has been anyone as mighty as you, and there never be anyone so great, ever again!”

“And you say all things obey me?” Canute asked.

“Yes sire” they said. “The world bows before you, and gives you honour.”

“I see,” the king answered. “In that case, bring me my chair, and place it down by the water.”

The servants scrambled to carry Canute’s royal chair over the sands. At his direction they placed it right at the water’s edge.

The King sat down and looked out at the ocean. “I notice the tide is coming in. Do you think it will stop if I give the command?”

“Give the order, O great king, and it will obey,” cried his entourage

“Sea,” cried Canute, “I command you to come no further! Do not dare touch my feet!”

7. RickS says:

Well ???

To give Obama some credit means, well, His place of origination is quit “Warm”, say considerably Warmer than todays Warmth, at least on the surface of our Planet ? !!!

So…

Let’s just say that [ HEAT ] follows Him wherever He goes, which really makes sense, if you know what I mean !

I mean, isn’t Obama from the South Side of Heaven, opps, I meant the South Side of Chicago ???

Go figure…

!

8. Rob Turpin says:

“blamed by The Washington Post”

Very good Tony .. a link that points to your own site. You seem to have problems showing your sources. Of course you do. If you actually showed them, your critique wouldn’t make any sense.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Very good, Rob Turpin …

You make it easy with your posts showing you are not only dumb but also lazy:

Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit.

By Editorial Board
      September 11

• Disillusioned says:

It’s the very first link in his article. Turnip, you’re a troll.

• RAH says:

Either that or he just fell off the cart.

• Rob Turpin says:

Indeed it is .. which I copied. As you can see it’s his website. He only copies part of the article. Which is relevant because he ignores really the heart of what the article is saying.

He doesn’t say Trump is to blame, which Tony claims. It says he’s complicit. And it says he’s complicit because he’s dismantling efforts to address risks of climate change. Tony had problems highlighting this portion.

A very important party that Tony left out is this.

“Kevin Trenberth, a climate researcher at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, co-wrote a May paper showing that Harvey’s cataclysmic wetness came from the unusually hot Gulf of Mexico water that fed the hurricane before it slammed into Texas. “Harvey could not have produced so much rain without human-induced climate change,” he and his colleagues concluded. Now Florence is feasting on warm Atlantic Ocean water. “The ocean is warming up systematically,” Mr. Trenberth said, explaining that, though natural variation can turn surface temperatures up or down a bit, the oceans’ energy content is inexorably rising. “It is the strongest signal of global warming,” Mr. Trenberth added.”

And what happened with Florence? Record breaking records of rainfall. Just like the scientist in the article was speaking to.

And I’m curious. Are you all really Tony replying? I reply to a very old article and somehow you all show up to troll. Tony must be very busy with all of his personalities.

• spike55 says:

Trump is neither to blame or even slightly complicit

You are a GIULLIBLE MINDLESS TROLL, turnip.

The fact that you actually “blieve” anything Trenberth says, shows just how incredibly GULLIBLE you are

He has ZERO EVIDENCE, just agenda driven fake models.

WAKE UP, you poor foolish little troll.

You are aware that the ocean temperatures have only risen by 0.08C in 60 years, aren’t you Or is that more of your IGNORANCE

You are aware there was a Grand Solar Maximum during that time, aren’t you?

Or is it just MORE of your IGNORANCE.

Your trolling is a load of mindless crap, turnip,

… as is the AGW fallacy.

You have ZERO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE of warming by atmospheric CO2,

… because it DOESN’T

• Colorado Wellington says:

There are trolls and then there are dumb and lazy trolls.

Turnip is so dumb and lazy he doesn’t even know which sort he is.

The only thing we can do for him is a proper assignment in Linnaean taxonomy.

• Rob Turpin says:

“They are solid and steady as a rock. Whatever they think and say, I do the opposite to my benefit.”

You tell him Colorado Wellington … I mean, Tony!

• spike55 says:

Poor turnip… why are you so desperately trying to find a cure for your attention deficit syndrome.?

• Rob Turpin says:

And Tony … or all of you who are Tony makes it very easy to mock his b.s. and obfuscation.

• spike55 says:

You are PATHETIC, even as a troll.

Your mind is less than that of a turnip.

What a SAD, LONELY pestilent existence you must lead.

• Colorado Wellington says:

There are and there have been certain people in my life whose judgment I respect and follow religiously. They are solid and steady as a rock. Whatever they think and say, I do the opposite to my benefit.

Carry on, Turnip, you seem to be one of those people. Don’t disappoint me.

• Rob Turpin says:

Yes, you should do the opposite to those you respect. You might want to work on that first paragraph.

Also, you definitely shouldn’t read any info. I’ve posted as you’re immune to anything that would sway your prejudices.

• spike55 says:

Even for a turnip, you are DUMB.

Even as a TROLL you are PATHETIC.

You live in a wacky, evidence-free alternate reality.

Still waiting for empirical evidence of warming from atmospheric CO2 … yawn .. !