New Video : They Predicted It All Along

8 Responses to New Video : They Predicted It All Along

1. Don B says:

Maybe the Australian experts listened to poet Dorothea MacKellar, who wrote in 1908:

I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of drought and flooding rains.

2. David of Aussie says:

The whole poem is a classic

The love of field and coppice
    Of green and shaded lanes,
    Of ordered woods and gardens
    Is running in your veins.
    Strong love of grey-blue distance,
    Brown streams and soft, dim skies
    I know, but cannot share it,
    My love is otherwise.

I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror
    The wide brown land for me!

The stark white ring-barked forests,
    All tragic to the moon,
    The sapphire-misted mountains,
    The hot gold hush of noon,
    Green tangle of the brushes
    Where lithe lianas coil,
    And orchids deck the tree-tops,
    And ferns the warm dark soil.

Core of my heart, my country!
    Her pitiless blue sky,
    When, sick at heart, around us
    We see the cattle die
    But then the grey clouds gather,
    And we can bless again
    The drumming of an army,
    The steady soaking rain.

Core of my heart, my country!
    Land of the rainbow gold,
    For flood and fire and famine
    She pays us back threefold.
    Over the thirsty paddocks,
    Watch, after many days,
    The filmy veil of greenness
    That thickens as we gaze …

An opal-hearted country,
    A wilful, lavish land
    All you who have not loved her,
    You will not understand
    though Earth holds many splendours,
    Wherever I may die,
    I know to what brown country
    My homing thoughts will fly.

3. Thad Kowalik says:

Well said and demonstrated Tony!

4. Ulric Lyons says:

In 2008 I predicted the end of the Millennium drought, and in 2013 I predicted that from 2015 there would be more frequent El Nino conditions driving stronger drought conditions and heatwaves in southern Australia. Which is normal for El Nino conditions to increase during certain phases of a centennial solar minimum. In the Dalton Minimum, El Nino episodes roughly doubled their mean frequency between 1807 and 1821. That’s part of the reason why the Arctic sea ice extent was so low 1815-1817, as El Nino episodes drive major warm pulses to the AMO with an 8 month lag.

5. Psalmon says:

Shipping over the Arctic is an ultimate test of Global Warming predictions. While there is practically no way to assess the cost of what is claimed to be AGW (this storm or that storm, intensity, frequency, a drought here, a flood there, etc), in the Arctic there is either ICE or NO ICE. I can either operate a ship over the polar routes or not.

The road is paved. The most likely solution is over the NSR or Northern Sea Route. Above Russia the ice edge often moves towards the Pole near the Summer ice minimum. In addition Putin is keen to develop the Arctic for oil and Natural Gas (nearly 20-35% of world reserves are in the Arctic). This will require ships for transport, ports, and icebreakers to keep routes open. Russia is working on all. Dubai Ports is working with Russia to develop terminals in Murmansk AND China is keen to consider itself an Arctic country (What do you think Xi and Putin are discussing? The weather??? Uh huh.).

So if they CAN they will. According to this article the economics are also VERY compelling. A cargo ship can save about $800,000 in fuel and 9 days (of 24) transit from Asia to N Europe. A near 40% improvement in utilization or number of trips is incredible in transportation.

So with all that energy, and all those fees, and all that money, and all that savings…how many ships are using the Arctic Marine Superhighway? See picture.

27 ships made 30 total passages in 2018. One was an icebreaker. That is DOWN from a peak of 71 passages in 2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Sea_Route

This will be an important place to watch. Real value and real (big) money are at stake. If the Ice Free predictions are right, shipping will EXPLODE across this route. Egypt will lose revenue on the Suez…Panama on it’s $5B recent expansion…the stakes are Global. New ice worthy ship designs will be built. Big capital can be at risk. If the Arctic is cyclic and returns to ice levels in the late 1970s it will be a bust. Ice does not lie. Adjustments won’t make real ice melt or insurance rates drop.

So far it has been mostly bust considering they predicted in 2013 15 million tonnes (1.7%) of all cargo using the NSR by 2021. https://www.rt.com/business/china-north-sea-route-781/

It is interesting to think about what Putin does to people who predict and promise things (for the record) that don’t happen.

6. Warren Zoell says:

Sometimes Australia has both droughts and floods… at the same time.