New Video : “Global Warming Would Reduce Extreme Weather”

10 Responses to New Video : “Global Warming Would Reduce Extreme Weather”

1. Terry Shipman says:

Way back in the 59-60 school year I was in fourth grade. I remember having having a science study on meteorology. As I recall we learned that bad weather occurs when cold air meets warm air. So it would appear that fourth graders of the 1950’s knew more about how bad weather occurs than climatologists of today.

You make very good points about Hawaii and Venus.

• Disillusioned says:

It is amazing the things we were taught, that kids today have never heard of. Besides history and science, even simple things are apparently not being taught much anymore. I subbed elementary school for a few years in the first decade of this century; I was shocked how many of the kids could not tell time on an analog clock (only digital clocks). Those kids would be in their mid-20s now.

• Terry Shipman says:

As one who has a degree in history, this lack of knowledge of US history is appalling. I see interviewers on the street document this. The funniest one yet is the following:

Question: who won the American Civil War?

Answer: (after puzzling over the question for a few moments) France?

2. G W Smith says:

Excellent video, Tony! The success of the left is directly proportional to the ignorance of the masses.

3. Jimbo says:

I always tell people if the world had no atmosphere it would be extremely hot during the day and extremely cold during the night.
    The atmosphere is one big green house gas and this keeps it warmer at night (holding in the heat) and cooler during the day (blocking out the heat).
    At some point you get an equilibrium where too much warming creates too much cloud cover and water vapour in the air.
    Now the volume of water vapour >>>> CO2
    Water vapour is broad spectrum while CO2 is a narrow spectrum.
    CO2 makes little difference if any.
    If it did make a difference I would recommend going out and burning shit as it all helps!!

4. Susan Ball says:

So what will Mr. Bezos buy?

5. Rah says:

Contrasts. Contrasts in temp, pressure, and humidity are the major drivers. Over water and along the coasts of major bodies of water, add the contrast between water and land temps ie: lake effect snows.

These factors apply in both the micro and macro scales.

And BTW

6. Rah says:

Tony,
    You mentioned Arctic warming as being a fundamental requirement for the scenario of the climate alarmists scam.

How about an update on the requirement for permanent “hot spot(s) in the upper troposphere which is also a fundamental requirement and which has never manifested?

7. S.K. Dodsland says:

I believe there is only one weather station at Resolute in Northern Canada which is supposed to be representative of a 1200 km radius area.

Determining that there is significant warming based on a single weather station is questionable.

8. Eric Hatfield says:

Careful here Tony, because you’ve been showing in other videos that there’s been more violent weather in the past. If there’s been more violent weather in the past than now that, by your own argument, would suggest a warming climate.

I’m a retired meteorologist and Tony’s correct in that a warming climate that manifests itself with greater warming in high latitudes than low latitudes would lessen the average strength of mid-latitude type storms because of weaker average temperature gradients. (Not sure what would be a good way to measure that. I don’t think it would be by surface low pressure, wind gusts or precip. Maybe jet core speeds?) The jury’s out on tropical storms.

Be that as it may I’ve seen many of Tony’s videos and while he’s shown the present average temperatures are down from the 1930s, they are up from the 1970s (by his own graphs). I’m old enough to remember the Ice Age scare of the 1970s and did an expository speech on ‘possibilities of a coming ice age’ while in debate in high school. I retired that speech after it took us nearly 6 hours to return home from a tournament that would normally take 2 hours because of an early season snow storm.