Zooming In On Nature

This one is very troubled by global warming.

Fortunately, the bird choppers are motionless today.

We don’t need any stinking windmills, because we have clean burning coal which works 24 x 7 x 365

7 Responses to Zooming In On Nature

1. gator69 says:

He’s, ah…probably pining for the fjords.

2. Robertv says:

Good thing the Arctic is red hot if not you’d think we had a serious cooling problem.

3. Steven Fraser says:

I loved that the fence shadows in the foreground of the first picture are deep blue, reflecting the profound color of the high sky. Wondrous!

4. Theyouk says:

Hi Tony–I left Steamboat Springs yesterday morning at 7 am; it was -22F. There was an interesting warming (all the way to 0F!) on my way up Rabbit Ears–which quickly reversed as I neared the top of the pass, and then fairly quickly slid back down…to -32F at 8 am. I gassed up in Kremmling at -25F. It was below zero essentially the whole way to Dillon. It was also absolutely gorgeous, and I was (again) impressed by horses outside, perfectly warm, standing in a pasture–and at the ravens who seem not to notice the cold at all. Mother Nature is incredibly strong/tough, and when we apply our delicate human particulars to her ways we show ourselves to be fools. I’m now home in Sacramento soaking up our permanent drought, and shaking my head at the policies that now have this incredible abundance of water flowing largely unimpeded to the ocean. Oh well–at least the Delta Smelt will be happy (until they’re eaten by the Striped Bass we plant in that same Delta). Grrrr… Thanks again for all the work you put into your site!

5. Theyouk says:

Also, if I’m not mistaken, is that an American Kestrel? I hiked Lobo Peak by Taos NM many years ago, and was joined at the summit by one of those guys who was having fun in the breeze. Really beautiful birds.

6. AndyG55 says:

“burning coal which works 24 x 7 x 365”

hey ????? You might want to rethink that, TH ;-)

7. TimboA says:

I love that zoom! Spectacular!!