Climate Change In New York

New York’s largest snowstorm ended on March 14, 1888.

13 Mar 1888, Page 1 – The Daily Courier

New York is expecting a huge snowstorm on March 14, 2017.

Experts call this “the year without a winter” and will blame their incompetence and the long winter of 2017 on climate change.

There is no indication that the climate has changed in any meaningful fashion, but lots of indication that climate experts are complete morons.

10 Responses to Climate Change In New York

1. John F. Hultquist says:

Lots of low temps in the eastern U.S. for the next week.

Now, about those Cherry trees in D.C.:
    Anticipating at the coming cold snap, the National Park Service decided to push their peak bloom prediction back by five days, to March 19 to 22. The Washington Post‘s Capital Weather Gang has opted not to revise their peak bloom prediction of March 15-19 but are leaning towards the end of that window.

2. Gail Combs says:

It is supposed to be warm today… it is now 27F (minus 3C)

3. Gail Combs says:

The Urinalists are getting nasty…
    Gateway Pundit Reporter ACCOSTED, HARASSED — Screamed At in White House Press Room: “Nazi… White Supremacist!”

Lucian Wintrich sent this report:

“This man accosted me. He pushed me in the back room and then grabbed my arm. He started screaming to the entire press room that I’m a Nazi and The Gateway Pundit is a white supremacist publication.”

The Gateway Pundit reporter is gay and considering filing charges. I certainly hope he does. It will be instructive to see what White House Urinalists tell the truth and who lie to cover up for FOX radio Jon Decker. There were two assaults reported by Lucian.

“Jon Decker is a board member of the White House Press room… “

• John F. Hultquist says:

I need to get out more.
      Is this where the “gateway” name comes from: “The neighborhood takes its name from the period when the Washington Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad ran in place of present-day New York Avenue.” ?? Or is there another source for the name.
      I’ve never heard of Gateway Pundit — “… known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes.”
      Pundit must do some actual news, also, why else would it be granted White House press credentials?
      Further, I’ve never heard of either of these folks. But, I don’t get out much. I think 1970, maybe, was the last time I was in the land of national government.

Aaron Burr said of Hamilton (who he shot and killed): “I should have known that the world was [sic; not] wide enough for both Hamilton and me.” {One needs to read Wikipedia carefully.}
      (Time and place: Weehawken, New Jersey on July 11, 1804)

Even early Washington was much more exciting than now when a couple of folks getting nasty with each other makes international news.
      These 2 will now become famous — for 15 minutes.

4. R. Shearer says:

I remember getting stuck at LaGuardia about a month ago and it wasn’t due to a lack of winter. Those in the media have short memories.

5. RAH says:

Accuweather is showing “Blizzard Potential” for early next week from Northern NJ right up the coast through Boston into Maine. No early spring for them.

6. Andy DC says:

It is supposed to be in the teens tonight in DC. That followed by 8-12″ of snow Monday night and Tuesday. Then frigid all of next week with more snow late in the week.

Following unseasonable warmth and early budding, there very well well not be any cherry blossoms at all this year.

• Colorado Wellington says:

That’s alright. The comrades will pick their cherries somewhere else. They always do.

• rw says:

Hmm, that’s going to make it hard to score. That sounds like too much of a ‘good’ thing. (People can either make it zero, leave it out altogether, or add 365 to next year’s date.)