Climate Science Vs. Actual Science

All winter long, experts have been saying that the Arctic is super-hot and melting.

But somehow when hot Arctic air comes to Washington D.C, it becomes very cold and freezing.

Washington DC Cherry Blossom Watch Update: March 18, 2017

We need to stay on top of this until every last climate scamster has been exposed and rooted out.

14 Responses to Climate Science Vs. Actual Science

1. CO2isLife says:

Not only are they scammers, they are thugs as well:

Climate “Science” on Trial; Climate McCartyism

2. gator69 says:

Someone should explain to The Post that there is no such thing as “normal” in climate or weather, especially the farther you get from the equator. The sheep have been taught that the 1979-2000 average is “normal”, and they believe this because sadly those same sheep have never been taught how to think for themselves. This is why the sheep also believe that constantly fiddling with hard data is good science, and performed by experts.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Over the years I noticed in my social interactions around town that the casual warmist is the most common kind. They like to make a remark or two about the recent warm or cold weather somewhere, link it to global warming, agree with each other that it is bad and move on to another subject. They don’t seem especially concerned, I think they just like to look intelligent, informed and caring. The perfect setting for such virtue signaling are the sidelines or bleachers where parents who otherwise don’t know each other that well are waiting to watch their kids’ games. It is not a good place to have a real discussion but I’ve had some limited success with a simple question:

What do you think the correct average global temperature should be and how would you measure it?

I just ask and leave it at that. Every now and then, one of the people in a group gives me a probing look without saying anything, and I have the impression they are actually thinking about it.

• Colorado Wellington says:

[bad closing tag on the italicized question]

• gator69 says:

Everyone likes to make small talk about the weather, and occassionally it allows me to deprogram the confused. In these interactions I am finding that as the years go by, the subject is becoming less of a triggering event than it once was, with fewer and more sporadic exceptions. Most people are interested in knowing the truth, and they know truth when they hear it. The most common response I get to mentioning climate change now is a chuckle and a smile. Climate change has become small talk, weather.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Yes, small talk about weather, as it has always been and as it should be.

I wish comeuppance on the unrepentant liars, thieves and killers, but I know there is no eternal justice on this earth, and I’ll be content if the whole thing goes out with a whimper.

I still pray and hope for justice for the earthly victims.

• AndyG55 says:

“Everyone likes to make small talk about the weather,”

Not at the moment, thank you.

Its been raining almost incessantly down here for 2-3 weeks.

Oh and look at the forecast. ! MORE rain !!

I have mushrooms growing in my front lawn FFS !!

3. AndyG55 says:

“All winter long, experts have been saying that the Arctic is super-hot and melting.”

Yet the sea ice extent is around the same as the last couple years and multi-year sea ice at a 10 year high.

They could of course mention the flip-side of the Jet Steam “less-cold” blob in the Arctic, that being the incredible cold over northern Russia, setting new cold records, and actually KILLING people (as opposed to stalling the production of a tiny bit of sea ice)

But that wouldn’t sit well with them would it.

LIES of omission !! The AGW way.!!

• Griff says:

Well it was, wasn’t it?

Up to 36 degrees warmer than it usually is.

the ice is thin and broken up…

Nearly all the way through extent was at record low or in bottom 3 levels on the record.

Maximum was a record low.

4. Bloke down the pub says:

Question: Many of the weather stations around the world are at airports, and most reasonable people accept that there is an urban heat island effect at airports. When an airport at, for example Fairbanks Alaska, gets snowed in so that tarmac and concrete is no-longer exposed, and flights are cancelled, so that jet efflux is no-longer warming thermometers, does that have a feedback, to make already cold temperatures, colder still?

• Griff says:

The Urban Heat effect does not bias the surface temp record. The Berkley Earth project, funded by climate skeptics, examined thousands of temp stations and determined UH was not biasing results and that there is warming.