God Watching Over Morrison, Colorado

I took this last night.

16 Responses to God Watching Over Morrison, Colorado

1. RAH says:

I see the face. He looks pissed!

• Colorado Wellington says:

He’s not the only one.

• RAH says:

Many of us have our battles with urban sprawl. The Subs fill in around the cities and then get swallowed up by them so those with money move further out swallowing up what were once rural communities and those with less money move into the old subs. A never ending cycle in growing places it seems.

I moved far enough out that hopefully by the time they reach my little corner of heaven I won’t be around to deal with it. Yet one really never gets away from it. Just thinking about that this morning as I drove to the dentist which is located on the north side of the town where I grew up. A bank now sits where the DQ I used to ride my bike a couple miles to get a banana split. Across from that a Batteries for everything store sits where what used to be the best pizza place in town was. Beside it is now a laundry where there once was a full service cobbler shop.

• Florida Mike says:

If it’s like Florida, they will build 1350 homes and every one of them will be sold before the paint is dry.

2. arn says:

This cloud would not be there without global warming.

3. frederik wisse says:

Bright imagination trumps a clouded reality .

4. RAH says:

I knew they would be sending me where I don’t want to go. Got the call. Leave with an empty at midnight for the Carrier heating and AC plant in Indy. Drop the empty and hook to a loaded trailer. Take the loaded trailer to our terminal in Romulus, MI (next to the Detroit Airport). Drop the loaded trailer and hook to an empty. Take the empty towards Wallbridge, OH and take a long break. Get loaded there at 5 PM Tuesday then head for Harrisonburg, VA. I drop the loaded trailer there and hook to another trailer that is loaded to bring back to Anderson, IN. Believe me, if all goes well, I will run down I-81 to I-64 and head west as fast and far as I can before I take my next break. If things go badly and I get delayed so that Florence is closing in then I’m taking the long way home going north on I-81 all the way to PA turnpike before turning back west.

5. John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

Krakatoa?

6. Rah says:

Steel tubes bound for the Walker/Tenneco plant in Harrosonburg.

Got up here to Romulus and the only empty trailer they have has an inch of water in the nose. It had a leak that has now been fixed but nobody swept the water out of the trailer. Typical for this operation up here. So I’m going to take my 10 hour break here at the terminal and see what they come up with.

I checked out the tropical storm wind arrival times at the National Hurricane Center and I should beat them IF Florence doesn’t speed up too much. Should reach Harrisonburg at about 03:00 Wednesday morning and still have a couple hours left to drive west. No matter what my hours of service clock says I’ll keep going until I’m sure I’m out of harm’s way

• Colorado Wellington says:

There are regulations and then there is common sense.

• Rah says:

One has to think that traffic westbound will be heavier than usual due to people evacuating.

• cdquarles says:

Oh yes. I can imagine I-40 and similar US highways or state highways being overwhelmed. On the Gulf Coast, when they issue evacuation orders, the southbound lanes get closed to southbound traffic and then they get opened for use as northbound lanes to help with the load.