More New Mexico Global Warming Devastation

It was about 0F (-18C) at sunrise. Another foot of snow forecast for New Years. Click on the photos to see them full size.

6 Responses to More New Mexico Global Warming Devastation

1. Norilsk says:

More Canadian comedy on global warming. Quite the contrast with the nice pictures of the reality.

Apocalyptic Christmas | 22 Minutes

2. Robertv says:

Just home from visiting my parents and the family in the Netherlands. I left behind a 3000 km long diesel engine footprint. But this year no White Christmas.

On the radio there they talk a lot about Global Warming and how urgent it is we stop breathing. Luckily we still have Thierry Baudet fighting the NWO.

3. GeologyJim says:

Great shots of the Pajarito Plateau near Los Alamos, Tony

That area, and Truchas on the east side of the Rio Grande, always make me think of “Milagro Beanfield War”. I would say it was Bob Redford’s best movie (director), even though he was a mindless knee-jerk environmentalist liberal all his life. He really captured the personalities of the characters, especially the old Hispanics whose family ties extended back centuries, and whose traditions blended mysticism, Catholicism, and the kind of resigned realism that only comes to hard-working folk who have to actually make a living off the land.

Great sound track by Dave Grusin (CU Boulder grad) plays back and forth between major and minor tonalities.

Magic.

4. gregole says:

Tony that first shot is simply amazing! Love it!

5. Mark Luhman says:

Glad you are there and not me, I was in Minnesota in mid November an it was 7 degrees when I got off the plane in Fargo about 90 miles east that morning it was -20, 7 was cold enough. If I don’t see those temperature again this year I will be happy.

6. rah says:

The last couple days I have taken the time to watch some videos and read on up on Mt. St. Helens. Those of us old enough of course remember the massive display of natures power from that eruption witnessed the largest in recorded history in the lower 48 of the US. But to me the display of natures real power is in how quickly the recovery from that massive blast has been. There is already aquatic flora growing along the shores and They’re catching 7-8″ rainbow trout in lakes that did not even exist before the massive eruption in May of 1980. Already the trees are getting thick enough to cover the massive scars. Wild flowers cover the still open areas in the spring.

I was fascinated to learn that gophers had a lot to do with new plant growth. Those underground which survived borrowed up through the ash and then back down through and by doing what gophers do brought the fertile soil from below up to the surface thus allowing the species of plants that could not germinate in the acidic ash and pumice to have a place to grow.

Oh! BTW Mt. St. Helens is where the youngest glacier in the United states is located. A new glacier formed in the crater and has been growing except during those times of minor eruptions such as in 2004 when the glacier was split by a new lava dome that formed.

It occurs to me that those that believe in AGW do not appreciate just how powerful the self regulating and regenerating systems are on this planet we are so blessed to inhabit. But then again, this skeptic is also amazed by the sure power of the natural forces which rule.