Starting The Morning With God’s Miracles

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

― Albert Einstein

13 Responses to Starting The Morning With God’s Miracles

1. BobW in NC says:

Everything is a miracle… Evolution be fanned!

2. AZ1971 says:

I have hummingbirds like that in the second photo at my feeder and it’s absolutely amazing to watch the iridescent colors change as the light hits the neck feathers. The purple is intense and I love the little extra-long throat patches. They’re entertaining to watch even if they are territorial. I’ve even had them buzz the feeder while I’m trying to hang it up after refilling. It’s like, “HEY! Gimme a break, I’m moving as fast as I can you greedy little &%*$#!”

• Gator says:

Mine are all gone for the season, but a little over two months ago I was going through over two gallons of nectar per day. It’s time consuming to fill all those feeders daily, but I haven’t seen a mosquito on my property in years.

One of my eight feeders…

• rah says:

That’s about the only mosquito I like. There had been only one left flying in the world but another has joined it.

The aircraft was fantastic in the European Theater and the US used a few there also. The ones built in Australia had severe problems with the glue and construction. All in all though the Mosquitoes used in the CBI theater did some great work, they were not really a great success there during WW II because of a limited service life. The glue and wood just did not stand up well in the hot moist environment.

The aircraft was truly a jack of all trades. With it’s high speed, exceptional altitude capability and range it was an outstanding recon aircraft.

Branse A. Burbridge, the top British night fighter ace, got 20 of his 21 victories at night, flying de Havilland Mosquitos in No. 85 Squadron.

“Pregnant mosquitos” with expanded bomb bays to carry 4,ooo lb, light case blast bombs called “cookies” would harass the German cities on the nights the heavies couldn’t get through due to weather. On the nights the heavies flew the mossies would hit other targets helping to disperse the Luftwaffe night fighters.

A ship buster version carried a 57 mm cannon firing an AP shell blasted a number of U-boats caught on the surface and other German vessels to the bottom.

Mosquitoes were used extensively as pathfinder aircraft that marked targets for the heavies.

Lots of other interesting stories concerning the operations of this aircraft.

3. Robertv says:

Climate never had a problem other than that Earth on average has been much warmer during its lifetime.

Macron and the “Yellow vests”: The real cost of France’s energy transition plan

These people have no idea what they are talking about. These people are part of the problem.

4. Nutation_discombobulation says:

Totally Beautiful little Creatures fulfilling their purpose of existence, Glory to our maker!

“If there is anything that links the human to the divine, it is the courage to stand by a principle when everybody else rejects it.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

“Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.”
    ― Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV

Take care Tony, the authorities’ dark side recoils in swift currents of oblivion for any who resist.

5. spike55 says:

GORGEOUS !! :-)

6. Mentor says:

Very good post. Made my day

7. TomO says:

What shutter speed did you use to stop those wings?

8. Gerald Machnee says:

Hello Tony,
    How will you camera do on this comet?

Cheers.