Thirty Years Of Global Warming Education

The benefits of thirty years of global warming education, in the enlightened, progressive state of California.

World’s worst traffic jam? Cars stuck in Thanksgiving getaway ‘gridlock’

20 Responses to Thirty Years Of Global Warming Education

1. Robertv says:

So there are still Californians not living in an utopian cave ? Must be Trump voters.

2. rah says:

I told you man. Thanksgiving is the worst for traffic. Far worse than Christmas or the 4th of July for travel.

3. Mr GrimNasty says:

The gridlock was probably caused by a Tesla with a flat battery.

4. John Ellwood says:

As a Brit making my first visit to the Utopian State last month I was shocked by the absence of cars powered by unicorns and fairy dust.
    If even Californians can’t follow the State Religion we are truly doomed.

5. Johansen says:

Meh… what’s the story?
    Everyone in Southern California knows you don’t get on the freeway during Thanksgiving weekend, nobody give a rats a__ about “globull warming” if it gets in the way of their plans, everyone arrives at the ball game during the 3rd inning and leaves during the 8th inning, your judged by the car you drive, and everyone’s in a hurry going nowhere. Big deal…

• rah says:

If everyone in S. California knew that you don’t go on the freeway during Thanksgiving weekend then that picture would not exist.

Really, the worst is the Sunday after Thanksgiving when everyone heads home. For some reason people get their craziest at that time. It is a day this truck driver KNOWS he’ll be driving in the mess if I haven’t put in for the day off.

• Jason Calley says:

California highways are like the old joke about the restaurant which was “so crowded that no one goes there anymore.”

On a more serious and honest note, CAGW enthusiasts all seem to share the belief that CO2 emissions are only a danger when someone else produces them.

6. John of Cloverdale, Western Australia says:

I used to live in LA, driving on the Santa Monica Freeway to get to downtown LA (and return) every weekday. The irony is that I was working for UNOCAL 76 at the time, exploring for more oil so I, among hundreds of thousands of others on the freeway, could get to work (surf) on time (my apologies to Neil Young- fossil fuel hater). Everyday we would get on the snake:

7. Gator says:

I’ll be in it the next two weekends, but I foresee no ruin…

8. BrentP says:

Government requires automakers (and ultimately their customers) go to great expense to eek out every fraction of mpg but yet manages the roads and trains motorists to operate their vehicles in ways that cause traffic congestion and hurt fuel economy much more.

• rah says:

Ha! You should be with this truck driver crossing the Ambassador bridge between Windsor and Detroit some time. Last time coming back into the states the back up started 2 miles from the bridge in Windsor. Took the better part of two hours before I was at the customs booth. 100’s of big trucks idling in line for hours.

• Johansen says:

how do you drain the vein… or maybe I shouldn’t ask

• rah says:

Pee bottle. My wife keeps juice and various other empty bottles with a suitable neck size for me. I take them in and stow them behind the drivers seat where I can reach if necessary. Do you really think I or any other male trucker is going to get out their truck when nature calls and walk all the way to the bathroom in a truck stop if we don’t have to? Of course used while on the road as necessary when trapped in traffic. Also many shippers and receivers offer no facilities for drivers. Used bottles are disposed of upon return to the terminal with their contents poured into a portapotty provided before being disposed of. Baby wipes are kept in the truck at all times.

• rah says:

How female drivers deal with it I really don’t know.

9. Gator says:

Those in control who push the anti fossil fuel madness would not be caught dead on those roads, they will be found soaring overhead in private jets from palatial destination to opulent destination.

10. redc1c4 says:

we don’t call the the “4 or 5 hour freeway” for nothing… 8-)

11. GTPath says:

Wasn’t it the same Gov. Brown who asked the Feds for more gas during the gas crisis of the early 1970’s because they didn’t have any mass transit inCalifornia?

12. AndyDC says:

Since 1970, the environmentalist wackos have fought every new highway project tooth and nail and these traffic jams are largely a result of their efforts. Untold thousands of cars idling in traffic, I am sure have done wonders for the environment.