March 15, 1993

Right after the fake news New York Times and Washington Post declared an early spring, the East Coast is headed for an historic cold snap. But one year stood out as ridiculously cold.  On March 15, 1993 temperatures in New York state dipped to -22F and the DC area was in the single digits.

This followed the eruption of Mt Pinatubo, which spewed articulates into the air and blocked sunlight. 1993 was also the year that climate criminal Al Gore took office and cut off funding to Dr. Bill Gray – because Dr. Gray refused to go along with Gore’s global warming scam.

We all need to work tirelessly to end the global warming scam – one of the most disgusting and cynical scams in history.

24 Responses to March 15, 1993

1. RAH says:

Three waves of winter coming this month for some of us according to weatherbell. The first if forecast to develop over eastern OH and western PA and move west right over the NYC area. The second to arch down from the SW and hit south of me in southern IN and KY and move east from there. The third, which Joe Bastardi believes will be the big one is to come right down the path between where the first two went then to recurve to the NE.

On the bright side they are also forecasting for it to warm up nicely in May.

• Joe Bastardi says:

actually mid April on, but a non winter is sometimes a reluctant spring. Think march 25 – April 10 widespread colder than normal but may be more central US centered. On a side note the evolution of the winter was the cold west start, and then cold east end, My problem was I thought this end game would start in Feb as per 2013, 1960 cold pool ne pac analogs I think the warming of enso 1.2 really was a big deal as cold 3.4 and warm 1.2 is an ANTILOG to cold Febs and I did not see that coming at all. Major blunder on my part That being said, in the part of the year where the season is in transition you will see 3-4 weeks of the opposite happen, the classic is 1954 The warmest Feb on record was followed by a major cold March with the cold where Feb was warmest! I think alot of people that write that stuff above really have not looked at past cases, and I dont mean for instance in a reanalysis scheme but looking at 2-3 months of maps every day to set up a situation. That is one reason I got fooled, cause the upper pattern in late Jan and Feb went to what I thought, but there was no cold to be had, The current pattern where the negatives are is not unlike what we saw late jan and Feb, except this time the cold was waiting, The reason for the wipe out of the cold was a hyper active MJO cycle that went into the major US warm phases and did so unseen by me and the modeling . But the old saying what happens in December the winter will remember ( remember December was cold till the last week) has some merit here

• RAH says:

Joe

Your bust didn’t dent my faith in your forecasting ability one bit. I catch ever single daily update and weekend summary that I can. Being a truck driver that can be sent any direction but who often goes east from my terminal in Anderson, IN, your forecasts have helped me many a time to have an idea what is coming and at times to alter my route to avoid the worst of it.

As a truck driver I can’t justify the expense of paying for premium, but I sure wish the trucking company I work for would because dispatch doesn’t pay any attention to the weather until it actually effects loads.

Just keep on keeping on, because I suspect that there are more out there like me than you realize.

2. AndyG55 says:

Why is it that when I see that mansion in the second picture…

… I think of movies and grenade launchers ???

3. Robertv says:

Cold/bad weather on the wrong moment can ruin the food supply. Without fossil fuel transportation it can even be life threatening and provoke Hillary voters to leave the cities and invade the rural areas. We all know how cruel they are to get something for nothing.

• Gail Combs says:

That is why us rural folk are armed to the teeth.

I don’t worry. I have the turkey shoot next door, the skeet shoot down the street and a hunting club leasing my land for hunting. We have so much gun fire around here that my sheep. goats and equines do not even bother to look up when a volley goes of.

• RAH says:

Yup! Splattered brain matter from one or two will tend to make the rest of a mob think again. I have a conservation club just 600 yards down the road where I shoot. Trap, pistol, and 300 meter rifle range. Wish the rifle/shot gun slug range was longer but we have no room to grow. Really I can shoot small bore and pistol and shot guns right from my back yard if I want.

• Ernest Bush says:

How will they get there, on foot? They would probably freeze to death en masse. Remember most of the people in places like New York don’t have cars, which would be useless on the roads, anyway. Remember the Houston hurricane debacle some years back with all those stranded cars?

4. RAH says:

Third day running with a spotless speckles solar disc:
    “INFO FROM SIDC – RWC BELGIUM 2017 Mar 09 12:30UTC

Solar activity was very low. There are currently no sunspot regions on the
    visible solar hemisphere. No earth-directed coronal mass ejections (CMEs)
    were observed in available coronagraphic imagery. The greater than 10MeV
    proton flux was at nominal levels.”

Quiet flaring conditions are expected to continue.

Earth remained under the waning influence of the high speed stream (HSS)
    from the negative polarity coronal hole (CH). Solar wind speed varied
    between 570 and 510 km/s, ending the period near 550 km/s. Bz fluctuated
    between -5 nT and +4 nT. The interplanetary magnetic field was directed
    towards the Sun.

The geomagnetic field was at quiet to active levels. Mostly quiet to
    unsettled conditions are expected, with still a chance on an active
    episode.

5. Bloke down the pub says:

‘This followed the eruption of Mt Pinatubo, which spewed articulates into the air and blocked sunlight.’

Those damned wordsmiths with their umbrellas getting in the way again.

6. TimboA says:

Hmmm….this doesn’t make sense….won’t Gore’s beach house be threatened by rising ocean water, and yet he, knowing the tremendous pontential for disaster, bought the property anyway?…..hmmmm

7. Hell_Is_Like_Newark says:

The following summer was also cool. I didn’t even bother putting in my window A/C and I am a person that really like air conditioning. My girlfriend at the time complained how cold she when she went to the beach with her friends.. in July..

8. GW says:

Tony, you neglected to mention that the 3/15 cold immediately followed the 3/13 “Storm of the Century” with 2’+ snowfalls from Georgia to New Foundland ! A genuine classic Miller-A storm with monstrous 1051 mb Hi in the Hudson Bay region.