The Year Without A Single Accurate News Story

A few weeks ago the Washington Post said :

this will be remembered as a year without a winter — for a second straight year.

‘Fast-forward spring’: America’s February warmth is extreme, and it’s just getting started – The Washington Post

What on Earth are they talking about? Last January, Washington DC had one of their largest snowstorms on record.

This was followed by some bitter cold in February. Had they ridden a bicycle to the Potomac on Valentine’s Day like I did, they might have better memories of the cold.

The Washington Post also seems to have forgotten that two years ago the Potomac was frozen solid in March.

This year they are facing record spring snow and two weeks of bitter cold.

Climate hysteria is fully dependent on short memory and stupidity.

30 Responses to The Year Without A Single Accurate News Story

1. Gail Combs says:

The Washington Post is owned by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos who lives in Settle but has just bought a home in DC.

Given Settle’s mild climate he probably has Zero idea what the weather has been like besides he is a major lefty prog techie.

Hope he gets snowed in in DC

• tonyheller says:

I was in Seattle a few weeks ago, and they had a foot of snow.

• John F. Hultquist says:

Neither “Settle” nor Seattle, being more or less at sea level, represent the best of Washington State — that will be on the “dry side.”
      We are north of Yakima (1,043 feet) and at 2,240 feet, so colder than there, but here are the KYKM charts for 2017:

Jeff Bezos has lived in many parts of the USA and has actually driven across the country, as have I (several times). He’s seen lots of weather.

• Mark Luhman says:

Why does he remain such a f*&*%$ idiot then? I have driven across the us and had to dive to earn a living in -50 F temperatures and +100 F temperatures and know how large and empty the western US is Jeff is oblivious incapable of learning anything and incapable of understanding he guessed right a few times or simply ripped people off of their intellectual property, is it his guilty conscious of whom he ripped off he thinks he can fix that by spending yours and mind money rather than his! His ilk is all over the place and cost the average working man millions and the Demorats feed off such rich crooks.

2. charles nelson says:

There you have it!
    If ever proof were needed of the Glassy Eyed Cult of Climate Change, the examples cited above nail the lid shut on the Hoax.

• Mark Luhman says:

To bad the people on the east coast have no clue what winter is. Move these idiots to North Dakota or Northwestern Minnesota and they might learn something. New York does not know how to build a road for snow, that lack of ditches leaves no place to put the early season so the next snow storm with any wind just plugs the road with more snow. Try snow with fifty mile and hour wind and nothing to stop it but a barbed wire fence with temperatures it the – teens and see what you get. Having to drive where visibility ended at the end of the cars hood and see what you get, I have driven miles with the only thing I could see was the white line on the right side of the road, I also have drive in snow where I need to go to the left when my tire dropped off the payment in the right and vice versa for the left. North Dakota has improve the highways so not in limited visibility you can heep in you land becaus the have rumble striops on the left and the right and yes I have used that to keep in my lane. The real idiotic is the east coast has at times had over ten feet or more of snow in one storm and yet the idiot that live there don’t know it! Why in on Gods green earth do the coast have so many uneducated idiots that have attended Ivy league schools, yet they know nothing. Sergeant Schultz would be proud of them!

• Gail Combs says:

I would love to see President Trump move the entire D.C. bureaucracy to North Dakota…. With the offices and living quarters and run on wind and solar power.

(Thanks for the info on Bezo guys)

3. Andy DC says:

As we speak, that thing from the past (snow) is coming down quite hard in the DC area. No sign of any cherry blossoms and not likely anytime soon with temps not getting much above freezing through Thursday.

4. Andy DC says:

Last winter, we had a general 20-30″ snowstorm in the DC area. Six days after the storm, major roads were still down to one lane in places. I certainly would not call that a year without a winter. In fact the, three winters before this one all had above normal snowfall.

As Tony pointed out, the Potomac was totally ice and snow covered in March 2015, the first time in March since 1784. That was the year after a catastrophic Icelandic volcano eruption caused marked global cooling. No such eruption was required in 2015.

5. John F. Hultquist says:

Cherry Blossom Watch Update, March 2017

Some of the blossoms are clearly struggling and succumbing to the freezing temperatures, …

6. AndyG55 says:

OT, in New York state near Rochester.. pretty cool, hey !!

• RAH says:

Luckily for me I’m not going that way which is a surprise. I am about to get in the shower and get ready to head for Holland, MI. Thankfully the wrap around up there has been bringing the snow down from the north instead of from the west. When it comes in from the west Holland gets some serious lake effect at times.

After I get loaded in Holland I take the load to the Honda assembly plant in Greensburg, IN. Drop the trailer loaded with parts and hook to one with empty racks to take back to the terminal in Anderson.

I have no idea why I’m covering these dedicated Honda routes now. This is the second one in a row. Not that I’m complaining. I expected to be heading for MA or eastern MD or Maspeth, NY (Queens), so it could have been much worse.

So it’s north and west to catch US 31 north and up into MI arriving west of South Bend. It will be a 570 mi day but the roads should not be too bad so I’m thankful.

• Gail Combs says:

Have a safe trip RAH.

• Rah says:

Thanks Gail.

Not the walk in the park it should have been. In the door at Holland, MI. Made it with 5 min. to spare despite dispatch giving me the wrong trailer number so I had to drop the first one I hooked and hook to the correct one prior to departure. They were also one digit off on the zip for this location so I had to figure that one out. I think they need to start piss testing dispatchers! Now I need to be at the Honda plant by 16:00 and the GPS shows an ETA of 15:45 but they’re still in the trailer. I think they have this run set up too tight.

• cdquarles says:

Ah, good old US 31. That lovely little road is still two-lane in part around here. The highway starts in Mobile, AL. I’m not sure how far north it goes, though I have been on 31 in Indiana and Illinois.

• RAH says:

US 31 runs the entire distance from the Gulf to the tip of MI and does not pass through IL. It more or less parallels I-65 through KY and IN and then runs up the east coast of Lake MI. right up to the tip where it terminates just south of Mackinaw city into I-75 where that interstate runs over the bridge to the UP.

• Gail Combs says:

I am sure glad I do not live near RottenChester NY any more. It is not nearly as bad as Buffalo but could get some serious alke effect snow at times.

Even down here in mid NC it is near freezing and yesterday it started frozen and then went to miserable cold rain. The same for this morning.

• cdquarles says:

Freeze warnings here tonight and tomorrow. The forecasts were all revised to colder temperatures. I am expecting mid-20s locally overnight (-3C). I’ve seen -20C, overnight a couple of times and those were all after 1980, and further south of where I am now.

• RAH says:

Joe Nova has written a lot about that fake news. The source is generally just a few “scientists” that have been proven to be liars again and again. But they recycle the claim every six months or so.

7. -B- says:

We are looking at a deliberate process conditioning and gaslighting.

It’s done on a variety of subjects by the media and the political class.

8. R2Dtoo says:

Tony- I bet Hannity would love to do a segment with these photos and dates. Tucker might do it as well.

9. leon tesla says:

Sorry, but one big snowfall does not a winter make. This year, here in the Northeast, temps have been well above normal for almost the entirety of the season. Today’s frozen precip event, impressive though it is, does, in no way, negate the persistent mildness of the past three months.

Last winter, same deal. Yes, we did indeed set a 24-hour snowfall record of 26.8 inches here in NYC, but the remainder of the season was once again well above normal, the great Presidents’ Week arctic outbreak notwithstanding.

Understand, I’m rooting for the next Ice Age, little or major. The mildness of the past two winters has, however, been quite unnerving, whether a sign of climate change or not. For an arctic cold lover, these are not good times.

• RAH says:

leon Tesla
      They’re having a super ski season in New England. The season started Oct. 26th which was way early and it has been outstanding from what I’ve been reading. Smugglers Notch has a 50″ base. Stowe has a 30″ to 60″ base. We would have killed for that back when I skied those places in in the early 80s.

A warmer than normal February more often than not means a colder than normal March will ensue and that is exactly what has happened. And it isn’t over yet! You’ve got two more waves coming more than likely.

• leon tesla says:

RAH, thanks for the encouragement. Two more waves would be nice, four or six even better. My preference here in NYC is to have solid, unbroken snow cover, regularly punctuated by arctic cold advection from Thanksgiving until mid-April. Hardly a realistic expectation for this locale. But I can always dream, can’t I?

• Rah says:

I know a whole lot of truckers that do not share your enthusiasm. Lots got stuck when they closed l-70/76 in PA and lots of other interstates and other roads in NY and MA.

I’m in MN right now. Not too bad up here in the great white north. Deliver in Mankato tomorrow morning. Pick up in Hospers, IA and head home. Could have pushed to do this with only one 10 hr break but didn’t. They called me and woke me up this morning 45 min before my break was over to get in ASAP to do this run and that’s not kosher.

• Gail Combs says:

No it is not. You need your allotted rest esp. in possible bad conditions.

Sounds like your dispatchers need a Come To Jesus talk about DOT regs.

Stay dafe RAH.

• Gail Combs says:

FWIW, the WUWT ENSO gauge is back to showing dead neutral so we may not get another El Nino this year.

• Menicholas says:

Leon, you are “unnerved” by mild weather but are rooting for another ice age?
      Unnerved?
      I suppose ice ages are the best for delicate snowflakes.