Top Bird Pictures From Yesterday

13 Responses to Top Bird Pictures From Yesterday

1. Truman ross says:

Nice!

2. RAH says:

I sure don’t see much snow in those images. Not what I was expecting at all. Have you guys in boulder been getting rain instead?

We had our first tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning this year here in central Indiana yesterday afternoon and evening. The worst of it passed north of my place but a couple weeks ago 80 mph+ straight line winds toppled my three bench swing and tore a little bit of siding off my home. Saved the siding to reinstall so no big deal. Those winds also broke one of clips for my flags so I took my Gadsden flag down and only the Stars & Stripes are flying right now.

It’s getting that time of year. Time to burn off the burn pile and pickup the dead fall and trash from the yard and burn it. Uncover the outside A/C unit and hook up the water hoses, etc. Already got rid of my ready stock of firewood from next to the fireplace, so time to clean up the hearth. All of that spring time chores kind of stuff. Then I will begin a battle with the moles which are just tearing the hell out of my yard!

• AZ1971 says:

You utilize an outdoor burn pile? *gasp*
      Surely you don’t care about all that particulate matter such fires emit, do you?
      (I wouldn’t either. Mankind has been doing it for millennia, and with a wetter atmosphere it’s going to get rained out that much quicker.)
      Beware, or the likes of Al Gore or Mikey Mann will come protest your house.

• RAH says:

Let them. I have plenty of back up. To give you and idea how much burning I do. My fire ring which I fabricated myself is rolled 1/4″ plate is 6′ in diameter and 12″ high. It is centered in a circle of 3″ deep pea gravel 20′ in diameter. After I burn off the debris from the winter I’m going to have to shovel out the ash which is at least 8″ deep so I’m ready for summer evening fires. Great quantities of Jack Daniel’s and a considerable number of fine cigars have been consumed around that pit as we have come up with solutions to the worlds problems on many summer weekend night.

• R Shearer says:

It’s coming and the birds are fluffing their feathers.

3. Sean says:

Red tailed hawk in central Maryland taken Thanksgiving Day, 2016

4. A C Osborn says:

A lot of the birds in the US are more colourful than we have in the UK.
    Very pretty indeed.