Record Heat Update

Beartooth Pass, MT Has Been CLOSED For 5-Days Now Due To SNOW! – SnowBrains

8 Responses to Record Heat Update

1. steve case says:

66°F and rain forecast for July 4th in Milwaukee. That’s been the “New Normal,” can we just use NN since it’s become the NN in terminology for crappy weather cause by carbon?

In other news, Cue Slurg is still down. Maybe they will claim a full tenth of a millimeter per year squared of acceleration of sea level rise when they come back on line.

2. Martin says:

Sorry but this *MUST* be fake news because:
    “The World Meteorological Organisation in Geneva said 2019 was now firmly on course to be among the world’s hottest ever years” (In The Guardian of course!)

3. Gamecock says:

Fake news. All my maps show Beartooth Pass in WYOMING.

There is no Beartooth Pass, MT. But it’s closed (?).

PS: I’d live to get the motorcycle out there! Though I’m not sure this ex-smoker can handle 10,000 feet without oxygen.

• Gator says:

I have been to Beartooth pass, and it is indeed in Montana. You take 212 east out of Yellowstone, and after crossing the Montana state line you will come to some beautiful switchbacks that lead up to the pass. I don’t know why it is not listed on Google Earth, but I have been there and have pictures to prove it. It has the best view of the Rockies that I have ever seen.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Heh. It’s complicated …

Montana DOT Beartooth Pass Plowing 2019

Apr 10, 2019, 9:15 PM

Montana’s Department of Transportation is getting “amped up” for plowing their section of the Beartooth Pass. Last week they flew a drone over the switchbacks on the Red Lodge side to see what the switchbacks looked like.

FYI……Montana just plows the switchbacks on the Red Lodge side and on the top to the Montana/Wyoming state line. Wyoming does not plow their side…..Yellowstone National Park plows the Wyoming section even though Beartooth Pass is not in Yellowstone Park. Yellowstone Park’s first priority is to plow the road inside the park and then they switch over to working on Beartooth Pass.

There is an area at the top of the pass just past the ski area that is notorious for huge drifts (Wyoming side). The following is a pic that I took the day after the pass opened for the season May 23, 2014.

Beartooth Highway

4. Gerald Machnee says:

I have been there twice.The first time was in Sept, 1969, just before they close it. I has regular tires and there was an inch of slush on the road.
    The next time was in June, 1999 when there were still huge snowbank along the high way.