Big Oil Check Didn’t Come Through Again

For the 120th consecutive month since I started blogging, my big oil/big tobacco check failed to arrive in the mail.

My software development contract in Philadelphia runs out at the end of the month, and am back on the market looking for Javascript, Python, WebGL or C++ programming work.

Over the last six months I have developed an incredible WebGL app for analyzing climate data, which gives me the ability to instantly visualize almost anything I want in the temperature record, but unfortunately it is proprietary technology for the company I have been working for, and I can’t release it.  I can’t even show screen shots.  But I am thinking about developing a different app from scratch with similar capabilities, to make public.

Please contact me at stevegoddardjobs@gmail.com if you are need a top flight programmer.

53 Responses to Big Oil Check Didn’t Come Through Again

1. arn says:

happy 10. blogging birthday.

2. Rah says:

Thanks for your dedication and the education Tony.

3. Kent Gritton says:

Why not try kickstarter to cover the cost of re-working the code — I am pretty sure many of us that follow you would be willing to fund it.

4. gregole says:

Thanks for all you do Tony! I’ve followed you since you were a guest poster at WUWT and it’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years…

I’m on part-time contract work now myself and know the feeling; but the upside is having a bit more time for other interesting work. Good luck in your search.

And hey everybody – time to hit the tip-jar and that means you Griff and terak!

5. Griff says:

I’m missing my check from the communist party and the CIA haven’t paid up either… do you think its a conspiracy?

• spike55 says:

NOBODY would pay you for ANYTHING to do with your mindless trolling.

It is totally INEPT and just meaningless garbage.

You are unable to back up one thing you say with anything of substance.

• Disillusioned says:

Those being paid the big bucks also cannot support their claims.

• Squidly says:

@spike55,

NOBODY would pay you for ANYTHING to do with your mindless trolling.

I disagree, Griff engages in exactly the sort of trolling George Soros likes to fund.

• spike55 says:

I have helper TH out in the past for him allowing us to post on his forum.

Have you ever made a worthwhile contribution to ANYTHING, griff?

• Griff says:

I’m making a worthwhile contribution by challenging the facts posted in this forum. I’m supporting science and scientific truth – and balance and debate in discussion of climate change.

Some people here seem to be sponsoring name calling, shutting down of discussion and persecution of alternative viewpoints.

Is that how y’all do this great American democracy thing?

• Gator says:

And you are supporting the starving of poor brown people to death. But since you hate poor brown people, it’s really no big deal to you, and possibly your real agenda.

• Gerald Machnee says:

**I’m making a worthwhile contribution by challenging the facts **
          You should not waste time challenging facts. Only challenge errors.
          In addition, do not post falsehoods such as “Arctic melting accelerating” when it is not.

• spike55 says:

“I’m making a worthwhile contribution by challenging the facts posted in this forum.”

ROFLMAO

No griff, it a WASTE of your time and ours.

It is NOT worthwhile to anyone

At least you realise they are FACTS, and not the moronic BS you keep coming up with

And you are NEVER a challenge

“Mentally challenged” and” totally unbalanced” are about the only accolade you could ever expect.

• Disillusioned says:

It’s worthwhile to challenge facts posted here? Freudian slip?

• RAH says:

Tony challenges current politically driven misinformation with facts from past records. Griff feels it’s her responsibility to challenge those facts by reiterating the current misinformation.

BTW learned a new word from the http://ace.mu.nu/

The word perfectly sums up the mode the deep state, establishment, and their propaganda arm of the MSM are in. It also describes the tactics of so called “climate scientists” like Michael Mann.

Roorback: a defamatory falsehood published for political effect

• Former95B says:

“I’m supporting science and scientific truth”
          You? Science”
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh…man;my ribs are aching!!
          The only you you know is pretentiousness and butt kissing.

• Disillusioned says:

Wow. Griff admits she is simply an agw useful idiot apologist. Anyone who spends as much time defending this scam as you, Griff, should be paid to do so. There are billions available; your religious leaders are raking it in. You are doing it all wrong.

• Gator says:

Odd, I would have expected a white supremacist group would be your sponsor. Especially considering how much you hate poor brown people, and all the hours that you tirelessly spend working to starve them all to death.

• Griff says:

Perhaps I can join yours? You’ll put me up as a member, won’t you?

• Gator says:

Ms Griff, I actually give a monthly donation specifically to feed the poor brown people you are trying to starve to death.

I know projection is a lefty malady, so I take zero offense to anything you say.

But really Ms Griff, why do you hate poor brown people so much?

• Louis J Hooffstetter says:

Glad to see Griff has a sense of humor.

• Sharpshooter says:

Why pay for useful idiots (The Soviets only paid a tiny fraction); they did/do it for FREE!

6. CO2isLife says:

Big Oil? I thought the Russians were paying you…LOL

7. Gerald Machnee says:

You mean, “the Check is not in the mail”?

8. Brian D says:

So, Tony, are you going to do an interview with Diamond of the Oppenheimer Ranch Project? He’s been doing interviews with various folks lately regarding climate and other stuff.

9. Andy says:

No need to state you have no big oil checks Tony, you are passionate about current climate and have your own viewpoint, which other people do to.

Hope you get employed soon for a job you enjoy ( more important than extra $$ )

Andy

10. Alfie Noakes says:

If you’re not a paid shill for the fossil fuel industry you’re even more of a halfwit than I thought. At some point very soon you’re going to have to admit you’re wrong. What will it take?

11. richard says:

hmm, I think the thread was for work.

12. MAJ-USA-RET says:

In my life between retiring from the army (engineer) and retiring for good… and sticking by my decision to do so… I was a geophysicist in environmental engineering. There were several specialized software suites (GeoSoft, ERDAS, ArcInfo, InterGraph, AutoCAD, et. al.) that I used.

BUT when it came to boiling down raw data for statistical and graphical analysis, I frequently went for the simplest (and non-esoteric solution) Microsoft Excel. As far as I can detect, nothing you show in your blog cannot be done in Excel. You can pretty up your graphics using Microsoft Paint.

I do wish you could find a benefactor who would significantly support your independent analyses without specifying any outcome. Ask a geophysicist a question and he or she can always respond, “What do you want the answer to be?)

Long live the Scientific Method

Long live the Theory of Uniformitarianism

– Michael R. Mason, (MAJ,USA,RET)(CES,PG, RET)

• neal s says:

Those who swallow unthinkingly what the MSM produces appear to be brainless twits. Don’t be a brainless twit. Unfortunately, although you can lead a horse to water, you can’t make it think.

• Gator says:

I’m not familiar with Chris D’Angelo, so I will have to take your word for it.

• spike55 says:

Alfie obviously doesn’t like females.

He obviously prefers men.

He is a poof of the lowest order.

13. just a thought says:

“Big Oil Check Didn’t Come Through Again”

I didn’t get mine, either. You know, I think it’s time for a class action suit against SOMEONE. I wonder if we can sue the ones who are promising us our checks. No one can produce documents proving the oil companies made the promise, but there are plenty of accusations by warmists. Wouldn’t it be great if we could sue them, and get them to pay what they say we’re owed?!

14. Deltaeus says:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for publishing all of your analysis.
    One of your graphs got popular and provoked an answer that criticizes your methods:

This is progress because Climate Doomers typically dismiss or condemn anything that appears to disagree with their point of view. In this case, someone has taken the time to lay out their reasons instead of simply employing an ad hominem attack. An apparently reasonable criticism means that the last word rests with them at the moment.

I wonder if you could take the time to respond to this criticism of the methods?
    This would probably recap points you’ve made many times, but if you can pull it together to refute just these points raised and defend the methods, it would be most valuable.

I suspect the crux is in the part about “Instead of using the USA temperature data from the “experts,” those people at NOAA … I’ll just take the raw data and form a simple average”. Well, it seems to me that this point is the entire basis of argument.

Steve says: these adjustments are 100% responsible for increasing temperatures.
    vs
    Tamino says: I trust NOAA so I accept these adjustments without question.

15. Deltaeus says:

Hi Steve,
    Thank you so much for making the effort to respond.