New Ice-Free Arctic Forecast

Arctic sea ice volume melt rates slowed quite a bit yesterday, so I have had to push my ice-free forecast out to September 7, 2018 at 11:31 am.

Spreadsheet    Data

We know the Arctic will be ice-free this summer, because the Democrats’ leading climate prophets predicted it.

The Argus-Press – Google News Archive Search

Gore: Polar ice cap may disappear by summer 2014

12 Responses to New Ice-Free Arctic Forecast

1. Josh says:

Tell the deniers the Arctic is back. The Arctic sea ice extent is highest since 2011.

2. WJ Russell says:

Incredible that people fall for these charlatans.

• Josh says:

It is mainly young people who fall for it. Old people have witnessed all the bs ranging from New York City underwater to Global Cooling to know the media and scientists create a storm of gloom to get funding.

• Rah says:

Yeah. I had a ball with a neice and nephew that bought into that solar road BS whole hog. Think that niece is wising up finally and her brother gets his opinions on anything having to do with science from her.

Still in Chicago sitting at 1401 S. Cicero Ave. Someone at dispatch screwed the pooch on the pickup times. Thus I will make an extra $255.00 this week.

I hate this place. Couldn’t pay me enough to live here. Street walkers standing on the corners along a few blocks of my route here last night. Roads blocked and metal plates covering excavations in the roads all over due to construction. Won’t go out the way I came in.

• Robertv says:

At least there is still a way out.

• RAH says:

I got out!

The story behind this trip.
            The company I drive for subcontracts outside carriers to cover some of it’s routes.

Sparrow Transport was one of those contractors and covered some of the routes in the Chicago and southern Wisconsin area.

Sparrow was a family owned trucking company that had been in business for 85 years. The older generation passed it to the younger and they ran it into the ground and it went bankrupt. The older generation is now working on getting the company back and starting it up again.

So my company had to scramble to cover the routes. Thus Thursday afternoon I got the call to go and cover this run. Naturally this has screwed our dispatch up. They told me when they called it was a drop and hook. Or IOW take an empty Sparrow trailer up. Drop it and hook to a preloaded trailer and bring it back.

When I came in they told me it wasn’t a drop and hook but a live load. Take an empty up and back into a door, get loaded, and come back.

Well the pickup numbers they gave me did not match anything the shipper had and I called back. They people working 2nd and 3rd shift couldn’t figure it out so I took a break right there and waited until 1st shift dispatch came into work.

Turned out is was a drop and hook. I didn’t need to sit there all night but communication between dispatch and the section that called 3PL that deals with outside contracting, was the problem. As is always the case in trucking, when dispatch or anyone else screws up it’s the driver that pays the price. But since I’m salary it has cost them an extra $255.00.

3. Steven Fraser says:

Some DMI Sea Ice Numbers for July 19:

Still #4, 2018 is slightly up to 11.30% of the 16-year average, and in the upper end of the 1st std deviation area. Compared with the 10-year, DMI-graphed values, just slightly down to 113.18% of average, in the lower end of the 2nd std deviation area.

The gap with #3 2003 has varied both ways in the last week, and is now 294 cukm.

2005 has been moving up the ranks in the last week, from #7 to #5 over that time due to that year’s very low melt rate over the period. The gap between it and 2018 has narrowed to 212.

4. Brian D says:

New look at weather for the upcoming few days.
    Today’s map.

5. Brian D says:

The weather pattern will also keep snows piling up in the western areas of Greenland during the height of its melt season.