Obama 2012 : “The Cold War Has Been Over For 20 Years”

Obama won his second term by laughing off Mitt Romney’s suggestion that Russia is a threat.

When you were asked, what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said ‘Russia.’ Not Al-Qaeda; you said Russia,” Obama charged. “And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

Romney was right about Russia (Opinion) – CNN

I wonder why Clapper and Brennan didn’t call for Obama’s impeachment?

Democrats now say that Obama’s claim is treason.

34 Responses to Obama 2012 : “The Cold War Has Been Over For 20 Years”

1. misanthropicMarc says:

Damn it, Tony. Stop confuses us with facts and logic!!! What the hell is wrong with you??? Can’t you see there has been Russian interference!!!

2. Gator says:

Leftists have the self awareness and memory of a gnat, it is an occupation requirement.

3. misanthropicMarc says:

And, of course, anyone who is aware of my sincere fondness for Tony will realize that my previous post was to illustrate the fact that liberals do not need facts, logic, provable philosophic truth… none of the above. It’s all emotion, all anger, all stupidity AND PROGRESS! Delicious PROGRESS… all the time.

What they don’t realize is that the Democrat leaders and politician are making useful idiots out of them, not unlike the leaders and politicians in the Republican party make useful idiots out of their constituency.

Both sides need to wake up, slow down, calm down, and start applying reason. Unfortunately, universities and colleges teach the diametric opposite. We have decades of wounds to heal and empty skulls to fill. It may never happen.

• tonyheller says:

Four of the ten richest counties in America surround Washington DC. Democrats and Republicans. They depend on the Military Industrial Complex for their income.

With al Qaeda and ISIS gone, they had to manufacture a new threat. So they went back to their old favorite, Russia.

• misanthropicMarc says:

Love your clarity, Tony. You are 110% correct. Oh wait, I’m using climate change math… you’re 100% correct ;-)

The Beltway Bandits see peace as a direct threat to their personal prosperity. They don’t give a damn about the rest of the nation.

• misanthropicMarc says:

By the way Tony, with Hamas soon to be on the extinction list, how will they kick around their favorite bastard dog? (sad to say, the Jewish state, the only Jewish/Arab democratic state in the entire region). President Trump is in more mortal Jeopardy, from his own countrymen, than President Obama ever was from the redneck south.

• tonyheller says:

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

– H. L. Mencken

• misanthropicMarc says:

Bingo!

• Dee says:

Tony, why quote from Mencken, someone whose other gems of wisdom includes writing that:

“The educated negro of today is a failure, not because he meets insuperable difficulties in life, but because he is a negro. He is, in brief, a low-caste man, to the manner born, and he will remain inert and inefficient until fifty generations of him have lived in civilization. And even then, the superior white race will be fifty generations ahead of him.”

Is realclimatescience.com an endorser of this opinion too?

• Gator says:

Abraham Lincoln’s beliefs and words are not much different. Should we cease quoting him as well?

• RAH says:

Dee, I guess we should not quote Winston Churchill either? After all he wrote this and it was published in the original wo volume set of ‘River War’

““How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the faith: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.”
            ― Winston S. Churchill, The River War

• RAH says:

Perhaps Dee you could move to a country with less liberty. Somewhere like Australia where such history and quotes are by law not allowed to be posted and discussed. They’re consideredinflamatory hate speech there.

• Gator says:

God I long for the days when we used to say “sticks and stones”.

Words cannot do damage to a sane and sensible human being, unless they are enforced by a government.

• RAH says:

Or uttered by someone they love or sincerely respect.

• RAH says:

Should be clear. That was uttered TO them about them.

Now I’ve got driving to do. Chicago and back. Catch you all on the flip side after I get back and catch up on my sleep. I was having fun too damnit!

• neal s says:

Tony must be doing a great job if the only thing Dee can complain about is the *other* writings of someone that Tony quoted.

• Gator says:

Harsh words from those we love and respect can be impactful, but for a well centered person they are not an issue. My brother said some hurtful things to me this past Summer, but they were rash words spoken by someone who was lashing out, and no reflection on me.

If the words hurt, it is because they are the truth, and need to be said.

• Gator says:

One minor/major correction. They are not “liberals”, they are leftists, the polar opposite and arch enemies of those who believe in liberty.

4. Dee says:

Words do mean things. Agreed. And this site is one I visit every day to laugh at the climate warming hoax.

I was debating climate alarmism with someone recently and I showed them this site, to try to calm down their hysteria.

They replied that it’s run by a racist. I said I’ve never seen anything racist on the blog, nor had I ever heard that before.

A simple yes or no would suffice to a simple question.

• spike55 says:

I would say a straight NO to the comment you posted above.

Mencken’s comments re politics, are however, pretty close to the mark, wouldn’t you agree.

Seems that civilisation has grown up a bit since around 1900..

.. politics.. not so much.

And for some scumbag cowardly idiot to label Tony “racist” is purely and simply a deceitful LIE.

There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE to back up that claim.

• Dee says:

spike55, Thank you, as I said, I defended the site and said there was no evidence to back up the claim.

Problem is if the warmers are going to say that it is racist, quoting from a guy who’s famous for racist views isn’t helpful to anyone like me who has defended the site from that accusation in the past.

Makes me look a bit dumb in fact and makes me question whether I was correct to defend it…..or be able to do so in the future.

• spike55 says:

Seriously ?????

What is this idiocy that makes people think that just because someone is “on/off target” with one comment, then they are on/off target with other comments ???

It seems to be a far-left issue,…

A total INABILITY to think for themselves???

Thoughts and perceptions about many issues were different back in those times.

The quote used by Tony just happened to be very appropriate to the current situation.

That does not in anyway imply that he agrees with other quotes.

And WTF has climate got to do with racism, except that the so-called cure for the AGW fantasy just happens to hurt poorer, underdeveloped, mostly African countries the most ???

Throw that racism back in their faces. !!

• neal s says:

People who disagree with Tony will falsely claim that he is racist. If enough of them repeat it often enough, there will be those who think that Tony is racist, just because someone else said so. When they have nothing else to attack with, they attack with that.

I don’t know of any thinking individual who agrees 100% with everything that some other individual wrote. (If you know of any, then please do tell) So if a thinking person quotes something, it doesn’t ever mean that they agree 100% with everything the quoted person wrote.

So if you quote someone, it is either because they have expressed something very well that you agree with, or you are quoting them to make some point about their ideas.

• Gator says:

I am so over racism. I don’t care what you believe as long as you do not act on it. Only a fascist would demand you believe as they do.

• Colorado Wellington says:

”Please don’t take offence if I ask then if the blog does endorse Menckens other opinions.

A simple yes or no would suffice to a simple question.”

Dee, you did not ask me but if you did I would resolutely refuse.

First, which “other” opinions? All of them? I read some Mencken and I have a general picture but I don’t know all his “other” opinions and unless you are a scholar specialized in Mencken neither do you. Your request makes no sense.

Second, and more importantly, this is how tyranny starts. Demanding that people repudiate the past because some parts of it are objectionable to our ethics and morals today. Before long—in quest for “progress”—people start burning books, toppling statues and dragging folks out of their homes while smashing their “bourgeois” belongings.

But you should already know these things if you are interested in facts and history as I assume you are.

Resist the “progressive” mob.

• Disillusioned says:

Well said, Colorado.

• Dee says:

‘First, which “other” opinions? All of them?’

No, just the specific one of his I quoted.
        Do you endorse that opinion or not?

• spike55 says:

Gees, you really are coming across as a far-left sympathiser with comments like that.

Of course nobody here endorses that second comment.

Why would you even ask the question except as a slimy deceitful attempt at trolling ??

The real issue is that the AGW agenda attempts to STOP the developing countries from having the benefits of solid reliable solid fuel energy, while they themselves continue to RELY on it for consistency of electricity.

It is the AGW agenda that is putridly RACIST and ANTI-HUMAN.

Isn’t it odd that China as to step in and help these developing countries with coal fired power, when it SHOULD be people like the World Bank ??

• Colorado Wellington says:

I’ve dealt with plenty of komisars in my life, Dee. You are an understudy.

5. spike55 says:

“the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

The Democrats WANT to bring that cold-war back, how idiotic is that !!!

Trump wants to STOP THEM