Ten Years Later

We went to the burn area today and took some pictures.

11 Responses to Ten Years Later

1. Greg W Smith says:

It’s a miracle! The forest is rising from the dead!

2. Jimd1958 says:

Let’s hope after the Climental Cases crash and burn that they don’t make a comeback 10 years later.

3. David Berry says:

You mean the world didn’t come to an end? How can this be? The experts said……

4. Steve says:

With all the new growth coming after the fires this summer in California we’re going to need all the CO2 we can get.

5. David G says:

When I was a kid living on the northern outskirts of Sydney there were large wild bushfires in the nearby State Forest every other year. My father would take us kids to watch the spectacle close by upwind from the fire and the rural firefighters preventing the fire from jumping the road. In between we would explore the forest and I was well aware from a young age how Nature regenerated the forest in this way. The Australian Aborigines used fire in the same way over many tens of thousands of years as is very well documented by early European settlers and in the Aboriginal story lines.
    All this, and yet our kids today are taught that it is due to AW and Climate Change.

6. JCalvertN(UK) says:

That bit of land is absorbing/sinking CO2 at a very high rate, I would say.

7. Lou says:

When I clean out the ashes in my fireplace I spread them around my plants as nature’s fertilizer
    Forest fires do them same, it is nature’s way

8. Robertvd says:

If we want large herds of bison and other animals, fire is the way to go to have the grass and other plants that they feed on. Forrest cannot keep large herds. Even the groundhog that everybody loves needs open grass lands.

9. Petit_Barde says:

All those trees will eventually burn in a near future and that’s worse than I thought.

The only way to avoid this horror is to transform all the forests in rock deserts.

10. Roland F Hirsch says:

Thank you for these pictures. I was in Los Alamos a few months after the fire and am impressed by the recdovery.