Today’s Best Pictures

7 Responses to Today’s Best Pictures

1. RAH says:

Here is mine from last week. Backed into an inside dock. This is not unusual in the Chicago area and on up in Wisconsin and places in Michigan.

2. RAH says:

There was a truck in the other door next to me when I backed in but I took these pics just before backing out. I’m lined up perfectly with the dock. The worst time to back into these inside docks is on a bright winters day when there is snow in the ground. Lots of docks like these aren’t as well lighted as this one is and it is like backing into a cave.

Developing skills to do things like this is really what being a truck driver is all about.

• Disillusioned says:

What is that visor-like device over the passenger door window?

• RAH says:

That’s a convex mirror that is supposed to allow the driver to be able to see what’s in the blind spot. I don’t use it.
        I use the fender mirrors you can see in this pick a lot though. Mirror scanning while going down the road at highways speeds has allowed me to react instantly without looking to swerve and avoid a collision several times.

• RAH says:

Knowing what’s around you in traffic is critical for safety. And to do that a driver has to scan mirrors constantly. The more aggressive one drives the more they must scan to stay out of trouble in traffic. It becomes an automatic routine. I really don’t think about it anymore while doing it unless there is something I see that catches my notice.

• RAH says:

Both of the large “west coast” mirrors are powered so I can adjust them as needed from the drivers seat. They are also heated. I used my mirror heat yesterday when driving through some fog and then heavy rains the last 350 miles coming home. The heat clears the mirrors much quicker than they would clear without it.

3. RAH says:

You’ll find some pretty good pictures here. Some will recognize them from seeing them used elsewhere.

McNaughton Fine Art Company.