I was on the Charles Butler show this morning (starts at around 28:00) and Charles said he would forward some key climate talking points over to the Trump campaign. Democrats are very organized with their climate talking points, and have the media trained as attack dogs. Their propaganda is easily countered by a few simple points.
Almost all of our heat, light, cooling, communication and transportation is done using fossil fuels. All of our food and medicine is transported using fossil fuels. Without fossil fuels, every tree would get cut down by people needing to burn wood for warmth. The air would be thick with smoke like China. People would be starving to death and freezing in the winter. There would be no Internet, mass transit or communications. If we “keep it in the ground” or “make electricity prices skyrocket” like Democrats want to do, it would be an immediate catastrophe like nothing mankind has ever faced.
- There is no 97% consensus of scientists. In a 2013 survey of the professional members of the American Meteorological Society, only 52% believed that global warming was primarily man-made – much less dangerous. No group in the survey came anywhere close to reaching 97%.
In 1975, the National Academy of Sciences said “The climates of the earth have always been changing.” Blaming every weather event on humans is not science, it is superstition.
2. Heatwaves are not getting worse. According to the EPA, the worst heatwaves in the US (by far) occurred during the 1930’s – when the Midwest commonly saw temperatures over 110 degrees, and as high as 120 degrees.
Almost half of US states set their all-time maximum record temperature record during the 1930’s. Only one state has set their all-time record since the year 2000.
3. Droughts are not getting worse. According to NOAA, the US has been getting steadily wetter over the past century.
In the 1930’s, drought covered 80% of the US, as poignantly described by John Steinbeck in “The Grapes of Wrath”
4. Scientists say that California has had much more severe droughts in the past, lasting as long as 200 years. The past 100 years was the wettest century on record in California.
5. Hurricanes are not getting worse. The US is experiencing a record quiet period for hurricanes.
Jul 27 2016
No hurricanes have entered or developed in the Gulf of Mexico since September 2013, a stretch of well over 1,000 days. By the end of this week, the streak will be the longest on record, dating to the 1800s.
6. According to the Danish Meteorological Institute, the Arctic Ocean is full of thick ice. There is more ice on the Russian side than there has been in years, and a group of global warming sailors are currently blocked by impenetrable ice in the Northeast Passage.
Scientists predictions have consistently failed.
7. Polar Bear populations are not decreasing.
8. Sea level has been rising for 20,000 years, since the end of the last ice age. Most of that time much faster than now. It has nothing to do with humans.
9. According to NOAA, sea level is only rising 1.7 to 1.8 mm/year. At that rate, it will take thousands of years for Manhattan to drown.
the absolute global sea level rise is believed to be 1.7-1.8 millimeters/year.
10. According to NOAA, sea level at Manhattan has been rising at about the same rate (2.8 mm/year) since the 1850’s. There is no indication that humans are affecting the rate of sea level rise.
11. Glaciers have been melting for a very long time. In 1879, John Muir (founder of the Sierra Club) found that Alaska’s largest glacier had retreated 48 miles since 1794. Twenty thousand years ago, Chicago was buried under a mile of glacial ice.
The glaciers of Greenland were reported by scientists to be “nearing catastrophe” – even before Bernie Sanders was born.
12. Forest fires are not getting worse over the long term. According to USDA, the US had five times as much burn acreage in the 1930’s as we do now. The New York Times confirmed this.
13. Climate models have failed, and greatly over-predict warming.
14. Our most accurate systems for measuring global temperature, satellites, show that this year is no warmer than 1998.
15. NASA shows that global surface temperatures have fallen 0.54 degrees C over the last four months. The largest drop on record in such a short time.
These points are unassailable, and backed by government data. If Trump memorizes them, it will help Make America Great Again.