My Stunning Scientific Breakthrough!

After years of research, I have discovered that droughts are always followed by wet periods, and wet periods are always followed by drought.

2016-07-30195109

Climate at a Glance | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Where do I collect my Nobel Prize?

10 Responses to My Stunning Scientific Breakthrough!

1. Andy DC says:

That reminds me of a local weatherman from days past that would say “A fair weather system will be followed by a foul weather system, which then would then be followed by a fair weather system, which in turn would be followed by a foul weather system, etc., etc., etc.”

• Gail Combs says:

Or — Three feet of party cloudy. An infamous weather prediction in Boston MA

• AndyG55 says:

Like down here.

A longish drought in Eastern Australia is pretty much always broken with BIG floods. !

• Scott says:

Like much of the Southwestern USA, Oz is essentially a desert nation. The entire US Southwest is desert – The Great Basin/Mojave and Sonoran complex – if memory serves, is the 3rd largest on Earth.

The areas that border the deserts are just as susceptible to dramatic weather shifts of wet and dry.
        Nothing new, but if it can’t be made to be sensationalist and doom and gloom, it doesn’t generate more advertising dollars for the news media.

2. Analitik says:

To collect your prize, you need to rephrase that in climate science speak

After years of research, I have discovered that droughts provide a forcing for wet periods, and wet periods produce feedback for drought.

• RAH says:

Still wouldn’t get considered since there is no mention of human caused climate change being the cause or even exacerbating the cycle.

3. Frank K. says:

The Nobel Prize winners said that the number of intense hurricanes in the Atlantic would continue to grow and grow from 2005 onward because of global warming. And that reducing fossil fuel consumption was the ONLY way to save the eastern seaboard from catastrophe.

Don’t be a Nobel Prize winner…

4. Edmonton Al says:

The old Indian chief up here at Rocky Mountain House said that we would be in for a cold winter.
    How did he know, I asked.
    He said that he knew, because the “white-man” chop lottsa wood.