Changing Our Traditions : Changing Our History

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

• George Orwell

“We’re going to have to change our traditions, our history”

• Michelle Obama 2009

We used to have a tradition of honoring our country and the people who died to give us our freedom, but Michele and Barack fixed that.

colin-kaepernick-kneeling-ftr

8 Responses to Changing Our Traditions : Changing Our History

1. TA says:

I read where Kaepernik’s “taking a knee” and spitting on the American flag has cost the NFL a bunch of money because their viewers are not tuning in like before. Something like 12 percent fewer viewers and 50 percent of those attribute their turning the channel to Kaepernik and his inappropriate protest method, according to one poll.

In the future, when NFL players have to take a 12 percent cut in salary and bonuses, they can call this the “Kaepernik Factor” when figuring their income.

Yeah, you have a right to spit on the Amerian flag, and we have a right to not like it one bit, and we don’t have to participate in your denigration of the nation we love. You and your unacceptable actions are being shunned, Mr. Kaepernik. Too bad your ignorance harms everyone else, and not just yourself.

• RAH says:

When I was a kid I Loved the NFL. Now I am beginning to despise them. They can’t separate the league from the actions of their players and they’re allow that to take them down the tubes. The commissioner can lie all he wants but a great portion of his Leagues traditional fan base reject the injection of social issues into the game.

• RickS says:

In the last days, the evil will be called good, and the good will be called evil…

!

2. annieoakley says:

I used to enjoy many things that are just political statements today.

3. gator69 says:

If I were to have pulled a stunt like this while working for any employer I have ever had, I would have been immediately fired, as every one of my employers has had a Code of Conduct that we were expected to follow. A mainstay of codes of conduct for any company states that if an employee’s actions, public or private, have potential to bring harm to the company’s reputation, that employee is subject to termination.

I just cannot figure out how the selfie generation went wrong…

• Ernest Bush says:

Read the book “Pendulum” by Roy H. Williams and Michael R. Drew. It is a fascinating book about the finding of a cycle in Western culture that spans 40 years. It is probably required reading for a lot of college students studying advertising.

4. RickS says:

“We’re going to have to change our traditions, our history” ?

That sounds something like what the Beast would say ? !

The Obama’s are Evil, and that’s a fact, and the Devil’s Children love it/him !

Fortunately We were told about “these” times (Days) long ago, and about what will soon take place, but still it is “odd” that few are seeing it ???

Odd !!!