Celebrating God’s Creation In Boulder

It is a beautiful warm day in Boulder, with west winds bringing in very clear air. I see engineering miracles everywhere I look. It is glorious!

17 Responses to Celebrating God’s Creation In Boulder

1. CheshireRed says:

You’re bringing some much-needed perspective to life with these types of posts Tony. Great to see you in good health enjoying your furry companions and the wonders of nature. (I’m a dog man so you’re shooting at an open goal for me) I think it’s easy to worry about material things we haven’t got that actually don’t matter at all compared to the things we already have for free but take for granted. Without health and a beautiful environment we’re done for. Thanks.

2. Steve Case says:

The environmentalists don’t like teasel because it’s not a native species. They don’t realize that most species are non-native somewhere. Human activity is speeding up the process, but teasel and garlic mustard and any other invasive species would get here sooner or later. And we never hear about new world species causing havoc in Europe.

3. RAH says:

Found a huge hornets nest out back. The thing is in a maple tree about 20′ off the ground and none of us knew it was there all summer. But with the change in leaf color it became more visible. We keep getting these nests in the back field buy this one the largest so far. I would guess about 5 footballs in size. We figure the several apple trees back there drawl them. Sitting my our kitchen island is warm apple cobbler pie that my neighbor made from those apples. It will be desert after we finish the baked lower chicken quarters, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas were having for dinner.

4. eternalOptimist says:

You look happy there Tony. Good

5. Andy DC says:

You look great!

Not that far away from you, in central Montana, it was 2 F this afternoon, so the cold air is no doubt lurking somewhere on your doorstep.

• tonyheller says:

Cold today. Snowing in Fort Collins.

• RAH says:

Yep, you guys get another winter blast. Our time over here to the east is coming in about 5 days if the European models are correct. If the US models are correct December this year will be mild here like it was last year. I’ll go with the European.

6. John of Cloverdale WA says:

Thanks Tony for your photos. A nice day in Perth, down under.
    Cheers and God bless you.

7. Latitude says:

Looks like you put some weight back on….and looking good!!

8. RAH says:

The constant labors of a homeowner:
    Laying in Firewood from my big stack out in the yard to the rack on the deck. Outside furniture moved off the deck and put away. Hoses drained and put away. Covered the outside AC unit. Sprayed the northern exposures of the house with ‘Wet & Forget’ which kills the mold and breaks it’s bond to the siding so that the coming rains will wash it away. Stuff works pretty well. Twice a year, fall and early summer keeps the place presentable. Just use a 2 gallon garden sprayer to apply it. Much easier than pressure washing. The only critical fall task to do is change the big old filter for my HVAC in the attic. New $30.00 filter every spring and fall. Furnace cleaning and system check up in the spring. Already checked the generator to be sure it’s running in the event of an extended power loss from an ice storm.

9. Kris Johanson says:

Yes, “engineering miracles” is right. My biology students are studying 7,000 RPM, proton-powered, rotary turbines (ATP synthase) which power every cell in your body, which are constructed of several protein subassemblies, and these are EXACTLY the kind of complex machine a team of 80 engineers would spend 2 years designing

10. “The only location on Earth with good long term daily temperature data in the US.”

I believe ´in´ should have been ´is´ .