My Thanksgiving Miracle

Three months ago I was suffering an acute medical condition which had me hours away from death at one point.

Thanks to God’s grace and your prayers – my health is largely restored. I am back on my bicycle and will be travelling to England next week. A month ago I wasn’t certain I would ever be able to travel again.

I enjoyed the ducks today, both wild and domestic.

Thanks for everything. Readers are what makes my blogging worthwhile.

23 Responses to My Thanksgiving Miracle

1. Philip says:

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

2. gator69 says:

Happy Thanksgiving Tony!

3. GeologyJim says:

Tony, your commitment to actual facts and the scientific method are reasons many of us give thanks today, and every day.

You have demonstrated that one man can make a difference by holding to first principles of honesty, integrity, and personal conviction. I hope to find ways to be more active in this critical discussion of the role of true science in public policy.

So glad to hear that you are able to travel again, both locally and internationally

We had the privilege of sharing Thanksgiving today with friends and their family from [mostly] New Mexico. Air Force veterans and long-term land owners from the mountain areas north of El Paso. We talked for hours about commonsense science, irrational government policy, and the nonsense of most media without ever mentioning specific politicians. What a treat to engage in an evening of adult conversation!

Hope your Thanksgiving experience was equally enriching.

4. Colorado Wellington says:

Happy Trails, Tony. Your recovery is a marvelous gift we are thankful for this season.

5. RAH says:

So it was duck for you. Looks great!
    Here’s to your your health improving and a joyful Holliday season.

6. wolvesjoe says:

Good to hear. Keep the photos coming as well mate, they are very beautiful and have become part of my daily routine!!

7. Robertv says:

Thanks for giving us so much.

8. Gail Combs says:

Happy to hear you health has improved. I hope it continues to improve. You have been a voice of cool reason in a sea of hot irrationality.

9. arn says:

Didn’t knew it was that bad.

Stay healthy,take care
    and appreciate the gift of every single moment you can experience.

10. Andy DC says:

Your blog is a fun place to visit, very informative as well. Hope your recovery to excellent health continues!

11. R. Shearer says:

Best wishes! Keep up the good fight.

12. BobW in NC says:

May God continue to Bless, encourage, and guide you in your work and your entire life. You provide a needed voice of truth in a world dominated by darkness.

13. GW Smith says:

Wonderful to hear you’re recovering so well, Tony! Keep it up, It’s only life.

14. RW says:

Good to hear you’re feeling better. Keep up the good fight!

15. feathers says:

Tony,

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We all need you healthy!!!

16. Richard Greene says:

Good future health to you.

Your blog is an important public service.

But please get rid of that cooked bird picture —
    I prefer live animals in your photos,
    and don’t need a reminder
    that some people prefer to eat them.

• Colorado Wellington says:

“I prefer live animals … some people prefer to eat them.”

Some predators eat their prey alive. We don’t.

17. RickS says:

AGAIN, what a “Faithful” thing to say !

And as the Good Lord said, [ “Your” Faith has healed You… ]

God Bless and a Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!

Keep the faith Tony

Rick – SoCal

18. Extreme Hiatus says:

Tony, I had no hint that your health problem was that bad! So glad that you got through it as you really are making a big difference with your work. The short but powerful posts you do are perfect for the limited-attention-span world we live in and are so succinct that anybody with even a half open mind can immediately get them.

But pace yourself. You wrote that “I am back on my bicycle and will be travelling to England next week.” Maybe you should take a plane this time.

19. gregole says:

Glad you had a wonderful and healthy Thanksgiving Tony! Have a great trip to England and stay warm!