Letting Go Of The Past

It was easy to be a global warming true believer 20 years ago – I certainly was. During the winter of 1999-2000, the Front Range of Colorado did not have a single day which didn’t get above freezing. Since then, winter temperatures have declined sharply, and intelligent people have quit clinging to the global warming scam.

10 Responses to Letting Go Of The Past

1. Steve Case says:

Did you mean not a single day below freezing?

Yeah, if you average maximum and minimum temperatures, winter and summer, polar and tropics you can say temperatures are up about a degree. Extrapolating that into multi-meter sea level rise and all manner of other catastrophic disasters is another story.

• Stewart Pid says:

I think Tony got it right … at least I understood the point he was making but it is a double negative and my grammar sucks donkey dick at the best of times and so my approval is worth squat. You need validation from a scholar like Griff ;-) Interesting graph Tony ….I’m not sure I have seen a presentation like that before.

• tonyheller says:

I said what I meant to say. These are maximum temperatures.

• Steve Case says:

My fault for not being able to read English.

I’ve been crabbing about average temperature losing important information for some time. Averaging TMax and TMin doesn’t tell you how cold or hot it got during the last 24 hours. Averaging up polar and tropical values and then top it all off by averaging winter and summer temperatures to give a yearly average and a ranking is really quite meaningless.

And then once you realize that the government has changed the world-wide Land Ocean Temperature Index (LOTI) over 50,000 times since 2002, you begin to wonder if they really know what they are doing.

Well they probably do know what they’re doing, and calling it bias is probably charitable.

2. oldbrew says:

Since the correlation of CO2 with temperatures didn’t work out in this century, we’re now supposed to fret about ‘extreme weather’ and suchlike diversions.

Climate models don’t work, sea ice refuses to disappear and there’s a solar slowdown in progress. Warmists are running out of scare options.

• arn says:

but they’ll never run out of cheap excuses(wrapped in impressive scientific ‘i’m still right’ gobbledigeek)

3. Steve Case says:

oldbrew says: – Warmists are running out of scare options.

Yes, but they aren’t running out of money

4. Colorado Wellington says:

Something strange is happening here. Ms Griff didn’t report from London what our weather really was during the 1999-2000 winter.

I worry about her wellbeing.