Sweden Reacts To Their World Cup Loss

14 Responses to Sweden Reacts To Their World Cup Loss

1. John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

A talented group indeed. I first saw them on the televised Eurovision contest back in 1974 when they sang ‘Waterloo’. As I remember it snowed in Sussex (I lived at Nutley that year, near – about 5 minutes drive- where the Piltdown man was ‘discovered’). A cold winter but a beautiful summer. The Piltdown hoax makes an interesting read.

2. EternalOptimist says:

It was a glorious sunny day in Manchester, England. There was little traffic on the roads and the streets were empty.
    I went to the supermarket to get BBQ supplies and noticed great gaps in the floorspace – that’s where the mountains of beer boxes used to be.

• ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N says:

Sounds like Australia too. Every time there’s a big “important” sports-something going on, the couch potatoes and armchair experts jump into err.. “action” and leave the roads empty for the rest of us that have far better things to do.

• EternalOptimist says:

People don’t realise the futility of playing these games for real when there are some really good simulators available. I ran one of these models , Championship Manager, which is based on CHIMP5, and the winner in 2018 will be Worrongong sea-cadets under 12 boys, who will beat Brazil 23 – 0.

in extra time

3. John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

This takes me back to April 1974 when the Eurovision Song was held in Brighton and I was living only 30 miles away. Enjoy.

4. GeologyJim says:

For all you futbol-ers out there, here’s a good laugh

5. Griff says:

Having just returned from Sweden, I have been listening to a lot of Abba recently. We did wonder if it ever drives the staff in the tourist cafes mad hearing it all day. (I did give the Abba museum a miss!)

6. Windsong says:

It is hard to believe, but Agnetha is now 68 years old and Anni-Frid is 72. Still looking and sounding great.

I have a question for a language expert out there: How do non-native English speakers sing non-accented English, but speak English with a noticeable accent? Forty+ years ago I initially thought ABBA was a British group, not Swedish.

• tonyheller says:

Christmas, 1969 we met some Swedes in Alicante, Spain who sounded like they grew up in New York.

• EternalOptimist says:

singing seems to be non accented. for years I thought the eagles were british.

listen to the beatles sing, then listen to them speak. very heavily accented speech

• Jeff Jones says:

ABBA also released Spanish versions of their albums! Regardless of the endeavor – music, sports, business, – if you have the ‘knack’ your abilities are seemingly super-human. I am blown away how groups like ABBA can come up with top quality song after song when I can’t even hum a decent rift.

7. Jeff Jones says:

Thank you Tony! ABBA is my all-time favorite group. I give ABBA “Thank You for the Music” 4 CD sets for all weddings, graduations, etc.