Massive Twitter Purge In Progress

I received this tweet in the last hour, alerting me to a large Twitter purge of conservatives.

I have been tracking Twitter theft of followers all summer. They normally steal about 80 followers per day.

But over the past two hours, they have eliminated 197 of my followers.

This is the primary mechanism for deleting followers. Twitter restricts people’s accounts, and empties their “Following” list.  Each time they do this, I lose a follower.

Twitter did this to General Flynn’s lawyer earlier this summer.

19 Responses to Massive Twitter Purge In Progress

1. @NoOil4Pacifists says:

Me too. I lost 24 followers in one hour. Everyone on my TL was complaining about the same. And, insidiously, the “tweet cow bell” for @RealJamesWoods no longer works!

2. mwhite says:

Are you on Face Book?

“SOHO UFO? Major Censorship, Gulf Stream Shutdown”

3. arn says:

The day Alex Jones got banned I predicted this as part of the election campaign 2020-
    and i am surprised that it isn’t more.
    I guess Corona and the peacefull riot protests are doing a good job
    to keep the population im check-
    or it is happening but youtube,facebook&co are hiding it in a better way so far.

4. Pierre D. Bernier says:

YouTube is doing just about the same thing. If I post a comment on any video, I can see my post, but nobody else can. If I log off my google account and go to see my posts I can’t see them either. What a bunch of losers. They can’t have a fair fight

5. Rhys Read says:

Why does anyone use Twitter anymore?

• Alexander MCCLINTOCK says:

I agree ! 😉

• Russell Cook says:

I use my @GelbspanFiles account to announce each new blog post I put online at GelbspanFiles.com. I figure that besides alerting my small but loyal following about the posts, my use of hashtags there might just catch the attention of wavering AGW believers who are starting to wonder if the ‘skeptic scientists liars-for-hire’ actually holds water (it does not, as I detail in my posts), and maybe I might catch the attention of either politicians or objective reporters who also wonder about that political angle of the issue.

The odd thing with my account is how its followers number fluctuates. It seems to regularly gain and lose a few followers each week, and this ‘3 more, 2 less / 2 more, 3 less’ routine means it takes forever for my follower count to grow.

6. Pierre D. Bernier says:

YouTube is doing just about the same. I can see my posts on YouTube videos but other people can’t see them. If I log out of Google and go see my posts I can’t them either now. It’s as if I was in the shadows.

7. arn says:

off topic
    but part of the machine

Forbes had recently an “interressting” article
    called
    “You must not do your own research when it comes to science”
    by E Siegel

8. John Sweeney says:

Time to cancel Twitter!

9. Graeme No.3 says:

Switch to Parler or Gab? Or others. I am not up to date on the alternatives.

And if Youtube doesn’t want you switch to Bitchute? Less customers will reduce their revenue from advertising. Loss of revenue might change their minds.

10. I know people don’t like the idea of government control, but Twitter, Facebook, and Google and others have turned themselves into communications utilities. They should be classified as such and they should be required to serve everyone, without discrimination. Let the FBI and other law enforcement, if we still have law enforcement, be the ones who decide which people are using the utilities criminally, and let the FBI track those people down.

11. KevinPaul says:

Seems if you’re awake to the AGW scam, they’ve realised you will also see right through the plandemic alarm curtain, dirty tactics happening all over the traitorous SM.

12. Michael says:

I do not use twitter and never will. I have no friends or acquaintances who do. Why is it important?

13. Michael says:

I do not use twitter and never will. Neither do most people I know. Why do you think it is important?

14. Paul Iloty says:

Disgraceful, but important to remember that Twitter is not the real world and a left that relies on censorship is not confident in its own arguments to win over the public. If you just followed Twitter you would have believed that th Jeremy Cornyn was on for a victory in last UK election. Twitter leftists totally out of touch with public opinion.

15. Michael says:

Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google are all now in full-on election interfering mode.

It is corruption of the highest order. This was easily predictable for at least the last 3 years yet Republicans refused to do anything about it. Well, it’s a bit late to start crying about it now.

16. Luke of the D says:

Why does anyone use Twitter? Or Facebook? Or InstaGram? Honest questions. I don’t understand the point of using a website to make your private information public by literally giving it to one of many corporations that admit to selling your (their) information and using it against you. The idea of anyone using these websites and expecting your (their) information to be used how you would like it is absurd.

Don’t use Twitter, or Facebook, or InstaGram, or Yahoo, or Google, or Youtube. There are alternatives.