Boulder Baseball Highlights

Last night I was watching the World Series at the local pub, and a gentleman with hair half way down his waist started talking to me about politics and climate. He told me his background is physics he once saw that satellite guy from UAH (John Christy) and “wasn’t impressed.

So I showed him this graph from the other satellite group (RSS) and he very angrily responded by calling me a “f*cking a*sshole

after 1998, the observations are likely to be below the simulated values, indicating that the simulation as a whole are predicting too much warming

screen-shot-2016-10-31-at-5-07-16-am

Climate Analysis | Remote Sensing Systems

Earlier he told me “of course CNN cheats with their polls, because everyone intelligent supports Hillary Clinton

I told him that NASA had changed their temperature graphs significantly over the last 15 years, and he told me “only an idiot would dispute the work of 5,000 scientists.”  I asked him to name these 5,000 scientists, and he couldn’t name any of them.

And the other highlight was this exchange :

Me : Radiative transfer models only show about 3 w/m² increase in downwelling long wave radiation with a doubling of CO2″

Him : “No, doubling means 50% increase, not 3%”

Summarizing, it is OK for progressives to lie and cheat because everyone else is stupid, and anyone who disagrees with Gavin Schmidt, Tom Karl and the mouse in his pocket is evil and must be attacked. Climate models are sacred and they eliminate the need for actual measurements from satellites.

I used to see these bumper stickers in Boulder.

download-16 qb

But since Obama was elected, they have been replaced with “government is right and everyone else has to STFU.”  Hope and change. A fundamental transformation of America.

Important reminder: Don’t read Hillary’s E-mails because the Russians and the FBI made her write all those horrible things in order to influence the election.

25 Responses to Boulder Baseball Highlights

1. Mac says:

“No, doubling means 50% increase, not 3%.” LOL.

And these are the “smart people”. The same sort of smart people who drank the Kool-Aid at Jonestown.

2. RAH says:

The guy obviously came unarmed for a fight he was asking for.

3. Steve Case says:

Yeah, I have some liberal friends, and a few years ago “Global Warming” came up in the conversation, and I said, “You really don’t believe that bullshit do you?” He got royally pissed. Well we still see them and the topic hasn’t come up again – and probably won’t, but it won’t be me if it does.

• Edmonton Al says:

That is why it is at the bottom of the list of important issues. It is a religion and cannot be discussed using logic. So anybody trying to use logic is told to STFU.

4. Billyjack says:

Good adjective for climate models-“sacred”. The Church of Warming.

5. Frank K. says:

It is interesting (and revealing) that he blew up when you showed him the RSS plot. Of course, his subsequent answer about your downwelling radiation comments indicated that he either had a few too many drinks or really didn’t have any significant background in physics. I’m thinking the latter…

• tonyheller says:

He had just arrived at the bar.

• GeologyJim says:

Hey Tony –

Thanks for coming to our “House-cooling party” yesterday commemorating departure from the “People’s Republic of Boulder” after 45 years. Enough is enough.

Sorry you had to encounter another typical Boulder County uninformed, clueless, longhair, argumentative, irrational bozo while watching the World Series.

Yes, this is the habitat of Trenberth, Solomon (formerly), Amman, and many other IPCC toads plus former Sen. Tim Wirth (yes, he of the 1988 over- heated stagecraft that launched the demented Jim Hansen into the public realm) where common sense long-ago departed the scene

Best regards for your upcoming trip to Australia and other adventures. Say “Hi” to Jennifer Maro- best spokeswoman for rational scientists in the climate discussion

Cheers, GeologyJim

• Colorado Wellington says:

Jim, congratulations on the move. We need to get together—I have another geology question and I’d like to hear your insight.

• Latitude says:

Liberals have a bad habit of inflating (lying) about their qualifications…

• Sunsettommy says:

Third possibility, he is a leftist moron,who thinks Hillary is worth voting for.

That alone shows he is a world class moron,but he claims to have a physics background too,yet make this idiotic reply to Tony’s statement:

“Me : Radiative transfer models only show about 3 w/m² increase in downwelling long wave radiation with a doubling of CO2″

Him : “No, doubling means 50% increase, not 3%”

Bwahahahahahahaha.

Meanwhile Jo Nova just posted today this detailed expose about the FBI internal turmoil,the obvious guilt Hillary has for her actions:

Blockbuster rolls on: FBI finds 650,000 emails. Polls turn. Australian taxpayers fund Clinton slush fund.

6. R Shearer says:

Boulder liberals often confuse cause and effect as well as what is possible to be done to whom and by whom.

7. Douglas Hoyt says:

The guy isn’t an independent thinker. Very few independent thinkers these days. It seems nearly everyone lets someone else do the thinking and accept it whether it is right or wrong.

8. Sunsettommy says:

My own family are all tenured Democrats,who always vote for democrats even obviously crooked ones.

I am the lone freethinker in the family,who has to tread carefully with them since they are too ignorant, they still deny that Climate Gate E-Mails,still think Hillary didn’t break any laws,despite what the FBI Director said back in July,the subsequent evidence that Hillary is guilty as hell.

I am voting for Trump.

• annieoakley says:

I feel your pain. My mother, father, one sister and I are the ONLY votes for Trump in my large family. When I say global warming is bullshit the rest of my family is horrified.

9. Scott says:

This blog post just about sums up the entire Trump vs. Obama/Clinton types of individuals.

Obama called it, “Hope and Change”.
    It became, “Hopelessness and Estranged”……

10. When I lived in Boulder and worked for Access to Energy, one of the Daily Camera (=Chimera) journalists lived on the other side of Mapleton. The paper never mentioned Dr. Petr Beckmann (who sold me on the Libertarian Party) and never published safety hazard comparisons between nuclear and other power plants.
    Climate econaziism has mutated out of earlier Luddite faiths dear to secular congregants of the looter persuasion, with a sharp increase after the Greens got 500% of the vote gap between victor and vanquished in the Y2k election. The jump in falsification of data after that election is an object lesson for anyone who doubts that small parties use spoiler votes to change the law. I still vote LP.org and am proud of it.

• Gail Combs says:

I voted Ron Paul and deeply regretted it since it put the Obummer in office. Unfortunately in the USA all voting third party does is guarantee we get DemonRats in office. The DemonRats know this and throw cash and support to the libertarians as part of their strategy.

As a libertarian you might be interested on Stefan Molyneux’s take on Trump. (I find his video thought provoking)

I agree with the Deplorables at the ConservativeTreeHouse. What we need to do is RETAKE the Republican party. Trump has started it and it is up to the rest of us to do the ground work county by county and state by state by volunteering for political work and working our way up the ladder. This is a suggestion from Chrystalia.

You might want to know her take on Trump since she met him while at a building site with her father years ago and saw him again recently link

He is not as the MSM portrays him.

11. Bill Turner says:

Chicken Little was a Democrat. Does Chicken Little live in Boulder?

12. Colorado Wellington says:

And how do we even know this long-haired person was a man?

This is Boulder but there are still a few women with long hair here. Other than that, the substance of the responses is familiar. In one example for many, we were once discussing local politics during a party at our house, I think concerning road repair. A woman was hovering nearby, listening intently and suddenly she screamed:

“Fucking Republicans! They want to kill all the prairie dogs!”

For all I know this guy could have been that woman. It’s Boulder, man.

13. CapitalistRoader says:

Gotta’ be careful in Boulder. Lots of people making lots of money off of federal climate change grants. You dared to threaten their ability to pay for their sky-high mortgages, their kids’ private school tuition, and their Nissan Leaf monthly payments.

Them’s fightin’ words. Consider a CCW permit and use it if you haven’t done so already.

14. Steve Fraser says:

Lemme guess… Nickel beers on the Pearl Street Mall?

15. Gail Combs says:

The Reddit kids found a good one.
    Wtf?? lol Illegal Human experiments..

John Podesta, Hillarys campaign manager who was also Bill Clinton’s chief of staff and “one of President Obama’s closest White House advisers, counts among his key financial supporters Hansjorg Wyss, a reclusive Swiss billionaire whose company conducted illegal human experiments that resulted in the deaths of three elderly patients.”

The HJW Foundation, which is Wyss’s private foundation, hired Podesta in 2013 as a paid consultant, for which he was paid $87,000 that year, according to the presidential counselor’s financial disclosure statement. … Wyss and other Synthes executives decided to enter the highly profitable field of spinal surgery in 2000 with Norian XR, a cement-like mixture of calcium phosphate with barium sulfate.

Company managers claimed the compound could act like bone when injected in the spine in a procedure called “vertebrosplasty….

Wyss was not named in the indictment but was referred to as “Person No. 7” and the “CEO and a major stockholder of Synthes.” Wyss was CEO and major stockholder at the time of the indictment and the experiments.

Wyss, who now lives in Wyoming, is a major donor to scores of liberal groups in this country, with his contributions estimated to total more than $110 million, according to the HJW Foundation’s tax filings with the IRS since 2008….

• annieoakley says:

I read this yesterday in the emails. Some one in the company went to prison just not the right person. They hired Podesta because they wanted to bypass FDA approvals.