Court Rejects Mann’s Request For Delay In The Ball Case

Michael Mann refused to submit disclosure evidence requested by Dr. Tim Ball, for many years.  He blamed the multi-year delay on his lawyers being busy.

The judge called Mann’s behavior inexcusable, said the evidence submitted was irrelevant, and ordered Mann to pay Ball’s legal fees. I was paid as an expert witness in the case, and Michael Mann will be thrilled to learn that he will be buying me a new computer – to further expose his malfeasance and fraud.

25 Responses to Court Rejects Mann’s Request For Delay In The Ball Case

1. Gator says:

This only matters to those of us who are not leftists. Just ask Peter Gleick, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

2. Andy says:

Some rather amusing points in that summation

1. ““Michael Mann at Penn State should be in the state pen, not Penn State.”

That made me smile.

2. “In contrast, the defendant refers me to Hughes v. Simpson‑Sears, [1988] 52 D.L.R. (4th) 553, where Justice Twaddle, writing on behalf of the Manitoba Court of Appeal, ”

Justice Twaddle? Surely that is made up… quite appropriate though :)

3. “The evidence is that the defendant intended to call three witnesses at trial who would have provided evidence going to fair comment and malice. Those witnesses have now died. ”

That will teach him to be tardy !

Joking aside, leaving a court case for 10 years because you are “a bit busy” and it hanging over someones head is pathetic and Mann should have been further penalised for that.

3. Georg Thomas says:

I love this:

“… Michael Mann will be thrilled to learn that he will be buying me a new computer – to further expose his malfeasance and fraud.”

4. BobW in NC says:

It’s about time Michael Mann got called on the carpet. May it be another break in the “climate change” farce.

5. GW Smith says:

You should send him a Thank You card.

6. Ed Itor says:

Please do a video on this Tony. The implications are huge.

7. lance says:

I donated to his legal defense when this first started.
    Money well spent!

8. Denis Rancourt says:

“The costs will follow the event, so the defendant will have his costs of the application and also the costs of the action, since the action is dismissed.” —- Complete victory for Dr. Ball. Unambiguous.

9. Robertv says:

Thanks for your effort. Tim Ball only deserves the best for all the pain he and his wife have suffered.

10. Cornelius says:

How sweet it is.

11. Pete says:

Yes. Do an un-boxing video of the new hardware with narrative!

12. ChrisD says:

Interesting how no news outlets have picked up on the story. A failure to prosecute a case by a plaintiff is essentially an admission that there is no legitimate claim. I think Mann was hoping for Ball to die without having to prove his case.

I thought I had read that part of the delay was due to Mann refusing to turn over his data and methods behind the hockey stick. I see no mention of that in the ruling.

As an attorney, typically “legal costs” are minimal (filing fees, deposition costs etc.), and do not include expert fees or attorneys’ fees. However, this is Canada, and the rules may be different from the United States. So often a complete defense win can be very costly.

13. Patrick healy says:

Do you mean you have actually got your hands on some money?
    If so, it would be of interest to know out of whose pocket it came.
    Presumably the ever generous U.S. Taxpayer coughed up – no way Mann would be paying anything, he has too many backers.

• Robert Austin says:

I seem to recall that there was a fund set up for helping climate scientists with litigation. Of course, the funds were intended for use by “real climate scientists” espousing the alarmist message, not for scientists such as Tim Ball who questions the orthodoxy. So perhaps anything Tim Ball gets will not come out Mann’s wallet.

14. Nicholas McGinley says:

Reading this post makes me extremely happy.

15. twittledee132 says:

Trying to reach Kathy Gaider who has been suspended on twitter.com/kgaider. I was hoping you had an email address. She is Canadian with three climate science degrees, now retired from Environment Canada.

16. gregole says:

New computer. Nice.

17. Noel Herron says:

I love this! his next move will be to try and distort the truth , claim victim status , poor wee me I’m being harassed for trying to save the planet. Well, stick it to him Tony get the biggest best Computer that his money can buy, publish a Photo and we will all stick on his Twitter feed. The real tragedy is that thousands of manipulated childern and so called adults are having a climate strike today to support this exercise in contrived mass hysterical behaviour. I never every thought it would be possible for so few renegades in the science , politics and media establisment to creat such obvious madness. I am only now grasping humanities propensity for mass delusion . I find it very troubling. Relatively few think for themselves , the comfort of the herd seems to be overpowering. Tim Ball and Tony Heller have done a great service in exposing this charlatan.

18. Rah says:

Great news of course. Now on to Mann vrs Steyn which is well into it’s 9th year and most likely headed for the SCOTUS.

19. Traveler says:

Maybe Mann’s research files were destroyed in one of those climate change induced hurricanes, or perhaps submerged in a flood caused by 10 years of rising sea levels…