Boulder CO2 Devastation

The City of Boulder is suing oil companies for providing the energy which the city requires  to survive and function. This might seem irrational, but that is because you just aren’t qualified to understand the brilliant minds of left wing thinkers.

17 Responses to Boulder CO2 Devastation

1. Kris Johanson says:

What are the damages they’re claiming? You don’t sue somebody unless there’s damages, and there’s no ocean near Boulder…

2. Griff says:

another stunning set of photos…

would you believe I had a vagrant American Robin on my front lawn in the UK… alas, did not stay long enough for photos and to get in the records…!

• Disillusioned says:

Long flight; it’s 2100 miles from St. John’s Newfoundland/Labrador to the Isles of Scilly. Likely brought there.

A Robin is probably a better trade than the Starling that North America got from Britain and Europe.

3. Rah says:

It appears the service life of a typical wind mill on land is 15 years until a major rebuild is required. The average age of a typical operating coal fired unit in the US is over 50 years. The majority of active coal fired units in the US were built in the 30 year span from 1950 to 1980 the average coming on line in 1966.

• arn says:

Combining an average of 15 years with the average costs of 6 Million dollars we get an idea where the problem is(even if we ignore safety and sustainability)
      An estimated 600.000 windmills(benvolent guess) would be needed to power the USA=
      40.000 must be rebuild/replaced each and every year.
      40.000*6 million=240 billions each and every year for replacement and maintenance.

Let’s guess we replace all standard cars with e-cars(the demand for windmills would rise drastically)).
      A battery with an at least acceptable capacity at the lowest end to have a realistic chance to be acceppted by mainstream should have twice the weight and capacity of a nissan leaf(=nissan leaf battery 220kg*2=440kg.Let’s be gentle for the sake of easier calculations=400kg.
      and let’s reduce the current number of cars in the USA by 25%=
      200.000.000.
      Every battery has to be replaced every (let’s be utopical)
      8 years=25.000.000 batteries to be replaced each and every year.
      25 mio * 400kg = 10.000.000.000 kg/10.000.000 tons
      of toxic waste.
      Lets say a battery costs about 6.000 buck.
      25 mio* 6000=150.000.000.000 dollars each and every year.

Seems to me the package of global warming is something only rich spoiled educated idiots can afford while on the other side we have all the technology,infrastructure and capacity.

4. oldbrew says:

City of Boulder should be careful what it wishes for.

5. AndyG55 says:

My alarm clocks.

6. Steven Fraser says:

Tony: Do you use a tripod, or are these hand-held?

Very sharp detail evident. I like it.

7. GW Smith says:

I think your nature photos will win over the lefties long before your arguments and graphs. Emotion before reason.

8. James in Perth says:

Just curious but were the oil companies holding a metaphorical gun to Boulder’s head? Surely Boulder could have forced its government and citizens to blow on pinwheels connected to the grid to balance the CO2 output with centrally planned CO2 reductions. Well, it’s up to the courts now to save the world along with its flowers.

Great photos!

9. RAH says:

BTW it’s official. For the first time since we moved into this house in 2011 we have a nesting pair of rose breasted grosbeaks. I filled my 8 lb bird feeder on Tuesday evening and my 3 year old granddaughter, under my supervision, spread more seed on the ground for the ground feeders like the doves. Wed morning departed for Elkton, MD. When I got back today (Friday) at 13:00 that feeder was basically empty.

One thing I have noticed this year. The eight western pines that border my property on the south side dropped at least twice as many pine cones as I have ever seen them produce in a year since I have lived here. I know because I helped the neighbor pick them up because if you mow over to many of them their sap coast the inside of the mower deck and that causes the grass to build up . I figure it has to do with the milder and cooler weather we’ve had over the last few years.

10. Joe in WYO says:

Those Wild Iris photos are amazing!
    Purple, blue and white… very nice shots.
    Love ‘em, keep ‘em coming…..
    Thanks for your work and Happy Birthday too….

11. Gerald Machnee says:

That CO2 can be dangerous. Good thing Tony is gathering the evidence.