Paris Heatwave Update

Paris had 17 days over 90F (32C) this summer, fourteen less than summer 1947 – and six less than summer 1911. The forecast for Paris is cold the next ten days.

But climate was determined by one hot day on July 25.

During the two month long heatwave of 1911, 40,000 people died in Paris and at least 1,000 died in Germany – as heat and drought ravaged the US.

En 1911, Paris suffoquait déjà sous la canicule – Le Parisien

11 Aug 1911 – TERRIBLE HEAT WAVE. – Trove

Thousands of deaths in Europe and America.

11 Aug 1911 – TERRIBLE HEAT WAVE. – Trove

13 Responses to Paris Heatwave Update

1. Disillusioned says:

Thank you Tony! History proves the past was much worse – when atmospheric CO2 was at supposedly safe levels. CAGW is FRAUD.

2. Ray says:

Would be interesting to compare with the avg. # of days > 90F over the entire period for which we have records.

3. Cornelius says:

Also, if we really had been steadily warming for the past century plus, as claimed, these all-time records would be falling left and right. And would have been throughout the past century plus.

4. John F. Hultquist says:

The historical stuff is amazing. Thank you.

5. John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

Tony, you will find a UHI profile for Paris on a NASA webpage with a night time temperature increase of over 4 degrees C at the centre of Paris from the city fringes.
    Cheers and good work, JB.

6. Noel Herron says:

Brilliant Tony! You are keeping sanity alive. It is truly awful how MSM maintains a absolute deluge of climate alarmist propaganda . I have gotten to the stage that I don’t read ,listen or watch the likes of the BBC. I trawl for news and then verify. The MSM disinformation program is beginning to take on a sinister aspect.

• Aussie says:

Noel
      I feel likewise. Just staying with a relative and he was amazed and perplexed when I showed him some of Tonys posts. He literally had never heard anything other than the continuous newsfeed of climate propaganda.

There is more coming though, apparently later this month we have some week of climate protest. That will be a fact free zone…

I simply cannot believe the lies being told. But then again I can…See this very apt quote from Goebbels.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

• Noel Herron says:

Agreed! We are the few , the happy few , the band of brothers. I tell everyone who will listen but few do. However I always tilt when I should withdraw. Stick with the truth brother.

7. feathers says:

Thank you Tony for all you do! Climate alarmism is dependent on weather history ignorance. I’d love to hear your take of the recent CNN “climate crisis town hall.” These people are 100% nuts yet the majority of Americans think their crazy ideas are rooted in science.

• Scott S says:

I’d venture a guess that the majority of Americans are too busy living their lives (working and such) to pay any attention to what the Democratic candidates are spewing on the climate crisis town hall.

(I spend time around some of these types of people)

I did watch (er more listen) to a lot of it in the later evening and frankly I’m surprised my face isn’t more sore from face-palming as much as I did…

8. Robertv says:

No problem for Paris because most of its inhabitants are from Africa these days. So it is cold for them. They just had 1 day like at home.

9. Diego Gonzalez says:

I don’t seem to see Summer 2003 in the Paris chart. Between August 2 and August 13, there were twelve consecutive days above 90 degrees in Paris and six of those days were above 100 degrees (source Weather Underground). That streak beats by far anything recorded since, including current year.