Never Blame On UHI What Can Be Blamed On Malice

NOAA shows warm season nighttime temperatures rapidly rising in the US. Many skeptics blame this on UHI effects.

screen-shot-2016-09-24-at-8-11-21-am

Climate at a Glance | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

However, the raw data shows that all nighttime summer warming in the US is due to data tampering, not UHI. Summer nights are no warmer now than they were in the late 19th century.

screen-shot-2016-09-24-at-8-04-15-am

11 Responses to Never Blame On UHI What Can Be Blamed On Malice

1. Andy DC says:

Assuming there is urban heat island effect increasing with time, the alarmists are adjusting the data the exact opposite direction that they should. But even not allowing at all for any UHI effect, there is still no warming, thus their “adjustments” must totally be out of sight!

• Latitude says:

..and then they lie and say most of the climate change warming will be seen in night time temps
      which, of course, is UHI

• Rud Istvan says:

You are correct. In essay When Data Isn’t in Blowing Smoke, I show this for the city NASA GISS uses on its website as the UHI homogenization example, Tokyo. To correct for UHI and have the present still be ‘actual’ you have to warm the past. Thats what GISS says. But it does the opposite.

2. CJ says:

Per the graphs, it’s ALL about the starting glowing/date!!!

3. CJ says:

Per the graphs, it’s ALL about the starting point/date!!!

4. Sparks says:

I agree.

5. gator69 says:

I was part of a local fund raiser yesterday. We held it on a parking lot in between a shopping mall and a 6 lane thoroughfare. A slight breeze was coming from across the roadway, picking up asphault and vehicular warming, making it unbearably hot. I could also feel the heat rising off the blacktop lot where our event was held. Meanwhile, just a few miles away in the county, temperatures were running 6-8 degrees cooler. It does not take a city to cause a heat island, you can find them on the hood of your car, and the pavement of any state park. UHI is real, CAGW is not.

• RAH says:

Yea, and I am helping the UHI a lot lately. Got back home at 18:30 Friday and now leaving at 07:00. Bound for Breinigsville, PA (Allentown area) with another Nestles load. Take a break at the facility then deliver at 07:00 Monday morning. After delivery head up to Ridgeway, PA for a two stop pickup before heading home. The pace of loads this summer has been debilitating for me. Not enough rest and not much time to enjoy life. This pace can’t be sustained and if they keep it up I will be looking into taking my SS early and going back to the board to pick and choose the runs I wish to make. I’ll have the money to do it but never considered it before because I have enjoyed my job until they started getting stupid.

6. Where does one now find “un-adjusted” U.S. weather-station data?

• gator69 says:

There is no such thing as “adjusted data”. Data is what you get, not what you make.

da·ta ˈdadə,ˈdādə/ noun:
      1- facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.