New Green Deal Beta Testers

17 Responses to New Green Deal Beta Testers

1. John F. Hultquist says:

Just spoke with friends in Eureka, coastal Humboldt County. That’s
    just north of the green coastal county on the map posted.
    They had electricity off most of Wednesday.
    They are both retired; and they were prepared.
    There were some issues in Eureka, just not for them.

2. rah says:

The testing program is going to expand I hear.

3. rah says:

I see that Hanoi Jane has joined the climate crusades. All these years and she hasn’t gained one iota of wisdom. I bet if she didn’t have professionals handling her financial affair she would have destitute long ago. Her money and wealth stolen by scammers who duped her.
    How many times have I urinated on Hanoi Jane’s image? Thousands!

• Gator says:

She may be the one human being my father truly hated. He had friends who were tortured as a result of her lies. She can’t pass soon enough.

• Disillusioned says:

“I have to sign letters” brought tears to my eyes.

• Robert Hains says:

For this former SF soldier the jury is still out on the Presidents decision to pull out of Syria. The number of US casualties the Kurds have saved us with their local knowledge, HUMINT, and fighting as proxy warriors is impossible to quantify but you can be sure that it has been significant, just as it was in Iraq.

On the other hand I know that I don’t know the whole story. Don’t know all the factors that have led to the decision. And since I trust this POTUS to do what he thinks if right for the country in b0th the long and short term, I will reserve my judgment until more facts come to light.

What I do know though is that those in the press crying about what is happening to the Kurds don’t give am crap about them and never have and that most of them don’t give a crap about US service members, let alone warfighters.

4. Anon says:

It is amazing (and hilarious) watching progressives reason, in real time, as the reality of their own creation closes down upon them:

What the heck has gone wrong here in California? It’s time to get into the light

We reinvented the world from a garage in Silicon Valley and we have apps that can deliver a poke bowl and a boba to our houses in 10 minutes, but a stiff breeze comes along and we’re back to cooking over coals and lighting the cave with torches?

To be honest, it’s kind of embarrassing. In California, we like to think we’re the center of the can-do universe, progressive, all-inclusive and leading the war against the Trump administration in defense of the environment, innovation and civility.

But we’ve got tent villages up and down the state, a shameful rich-poor gap, three homeless people dying daily in Los Angeles County, and, in the midst of a housing shortage, homes going up in flames by the hundreds.

*In addition to infrastructure being rated 49th in the nation and education 46th.

To spare others from reading further: Naturally the rest of the article goes on to assign blame to greedy PG&E executives, the GOP, climate change and Trump. (never a bit of introspection) Then offers the solution: stricter building codes and that PG&E should be run by the government — so that CA residents can finally benefit from better reliability and the lower costs of carbon free power? (presumably)

It is really not hard to see why many civilizations collapse instead of reforming themselves.

5. GeologyJim says:

My relatives live in Auburn CA just up the road from privileged Sacramento

No electricity from Tuesday to Friday afternoon, so they lost a freezer full of legally
    Hunted venison, antelope, and elk along with refrigerated perishables.

And the wind never blew more than a breeze

Viva la Revolution!!

• I live in Humboldt County, California and make YouTube videos about my life and other things, like commenting on the news, for example. In the middle of recording my daily vlog it was announced our power would be off for the next 4 to 7 days. This is a video of the chaos that ensued: https://youtu.be/Kmqqc204W4Y
      A little more than 24 hours later, after being up all night frantically trying to start our generator and driving around on a “wild goose chase” to buy milk, beer, and gas, the power suddenly, unexpectedly returned: https://youtu.be/ui_DBDQO6l8
      By that evening, a local grocery store was open, but full of rotten food, some for sale for a discounted price, and some labeled not for sale: https://youtu.be/pfagcOuzUWs
      Have fun watching the absurd videos I recorded of this “event.”

• just a thought says:

“They are registered Republicans who will soon be joined by their newly “woke” former Democrat neighbors “

Oh, I do so hope you are correct! (Just in time for the next election)

Any chance of a recall of that fool of a governor?

6. I live in Humboldt County, California and make YouTube videos about my life and other things, like commenting on the news, for example. In the middle of recording my daily vlog it was announced our power would be off for the next 4 to 7 days. This is a video of the chaos that ensued: https://youtu.be/Kmqqc204W4Y
    Have fun watching the absurd videos I recorded of this “event.”

7. Mary Innes says:

I live in central Sierras. During the power shutdown there was no wind here. One of the calmest days. We had an exceptionally cool summer here only hitting 100 degrees on one day, where usually we have a couple of weeks in the 100s. It has been so chilly at night, we have turned on heaters to stay warm. Never done that before. Gov. Newsome stated the other day that “these exceptionally dry, fire-critical days” (during the power shut-off) were caused by the drought and, of course, “climate change”. But the drought in CA was declared over last year for the whole state. The soil moisture conditions are damp enough locally that the Forest Service has had at least three prescribed burns at the 3000 – 4000 foot elevations, in August, September, and October, several thousand acres in total. In 30 years here I have never heard of prescribed burns during the summer, and it would have been insane to do it in other years. The Forest Service does not do prescribed burning when fire danger is high. From the Cal Fire incident map, it looked like they were doing a prescribed burn DURING the power shut off.