Last Day In The Desert

14 Responses to Last Day In The Desert

1. Klaus Berger says:

Amazing dessert! I have to see this next time I come to US.

• Cannon Cocker says:

Arizona!
      Much beauty, much non-sense…turning into California (well, we’ve had 400,000 come from there in the past ten years, as well as nutbars/granola munchers (certainly not Tony) from Colorado.

2. Rah says:

Think the desert has been good for you

3. Bruce says:

Thank you for all of the info you provide.
    I really enjoy your pictures, especially the birds. What type of camera do you use?

4. DCA says:

Tony,
    Remind us all what your new camera is. Your photos have been so impressive!
    Thanks.

5. Cannon Cocker says:

So where are you going now?
    New job somewhere?

6. Russell Cook says:

Jealous. I can’t afford the camera you have, and the photos I take of the birdies look like ….. ordinary snapshots.

7. AndyDC says:

It’s green there, it is lush there, there is life there! In the desert! Rain in the desert! That can’t be! That must be the new normal! Proof of climate change! We are DOOMED! We are all going to DIE! All because evil TRUMP pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accords!

8. arn says:

you should watch this video,
    real orwellian new world order stuff and destruction of free speech
    (not just in the USA)

9. Disillusioned says:

Tony,

Thank you for sharing your desert photos. Beautiful.

10. Charles Higley says:

I so much wish I had the time and opportunity to even have a chance to take such pictures as you post here. I take many pictures and have to hope that some are good; digital cameras have made this much less expensive.

• Disillusioned says:

Thank you Charles. You and I both. I work way too much now and don’t have enough time to travel and do the things I love (I may have just shot my last wedding on the 5th, which is a weekend profession).

For now it is vicarious. The day will come; I slurp up Tony’s images and envision shooting for fun (with my own Toto by my side). I am very private, so I am sure it probably won’t be nearly as public as Tony’s sharing is. But the way he lives his life is an inspiration. He’s working and doing it. But, when I retire, I plan to sell the place, get some very good photog equipment, a comfortable (used) diesel pusher and I look forward to hitting that road!

Me and You and a Dog named Boo