New York Times Celebrates Independence Day

New York Times Opinion on Twitter

9 Responses to New York Times Celebrates Independence Day

1. Gator says:

If I lived in NYC and thought that it represented the best of this country, I might hold the very same opinion. Thank God I am not, and never will be, a citiot.

2. rah says:

Tell us NYT. What nations are “greater” than the US according to your “data”?

3. Anon says:

Trump should just have the Mexican government hand out that NYT article before people get to the border and maybe 95% will just turn away. (lol)

4. paul courtney says:

Dear Mr. Heller: That Goddard fellow really nailed ’em. “Leave, and make room for those who want to be here.” Indeed. Only thing missing is to tell ’em to leave by walking, low carbon footprint that way.

5. scott allen says:

Isn’t the majority class A stock holder of the New York Times a Mexican national, Carlos Slim.

• Johansen says:

He “loaned them” $250 million, in exchange for some warrants, the last time I researched it. This is a business that earns maybe $5 million on revenues of $1-2 billion. In other words, there’s no way this was a “loan”. It’s ownership, plain and simple

6. MGJ says:

What a bizarre claim to make. I am unaware of any International Standard which defines greatness so what on earth are they talking about?

I suspect there is a majority in every country (even in the decadent US and UK) that thinks their own nation is the greatest in one sense or another.

• Johansen says:

MGJ, they’re just feeding the angry hand-wringers as I’m sure you know. Nothing to be positive about, there’s no reason to be happy during the Trump administration, don’t start getting upbeat now, etc etc