Year Seven Of The UK Permanent Drought

Drought may be new norm for UK, says environment secretary | Environment | The Guardian

9 Responses to Year Seven Of The UK Permanent Drought

1. MGJ says:

I am happy to confirm (well, not that happy) that for the last 6 weeks, it has rained pretty much every day where I live, in what is supposedly one of the drier parts of the UK.

2. Logic n reason says:

A few years ago a Looney lefty dipstick of a London Mayor called Ken Livingstone seriously suggested that London needed a desalination plant to combat drought in London. Right now I have seldom seen London parks and the South East of England looking so green!

• G W Smith says:

Lefties see only what they want to see, while ignoring what is right in front of their faces. Talk about putting the narrative in front of the horse.

3. classical_hero says:

It would have been better for World Cup of Cricket if it weren’t raining so much. Reality trumps predictions.

4. TJ says:

Glad you posted this today, https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings
    Tells us we have,
    6 Severe Flood warnings
    65 Flood warnings
    99 Flood alerts

And it looks like it has been a wet year so far,
    and

Hope these links work, the Metoffice is full of Global Warming fantasists.

5. Dave Brush says:

I live in the UK and we don’t have a drought here now and the summer has been very wet! It’s just climate freaks being stupid because they cannot find anything serious to worry about. See this news item from the uk Shropshire Star newspaper…

Once again Tony, thank you for yet again highlighting the idiocy of the masses.

6. Stella Ashley says:

I live in East Anglia one of the driest parts of the UK. At the moment my garden is a soggy mess and has been for the last fortnight.
    Lincolnshire farmers are praying for a dry spell so they can get their potatoes lifted.

7. Stella Ashley says:

I live in East Anglis, the driest part of the UK. At the moment my garden is a soggy mess and has been for the last fortnight.
    Lincolnshire farmers are praying for a dry spell so they can lift their potato crop.

8. Kohaku says:

Hi Tony, do you have any stats on UK flooding in the past decades? I’ve been looking because I have friends worried about the current floods being connected to man-made climate change.
    Thanks for everything you do.