Progressive Thinking Shrinks Academic Brains

The latest work of genius from Seth Borenstein and his band of academic morons, is that global warming makes warm blooded animals shrink .

Global warming shrank animals in the past. Scientists say it could happen again.

That would explain why African mammals are so small.

African- Americans are also known for being very small, due to their heritage coming from a warm climate.

Experts say that climate change and CO2 is caused by humans, yet the study claimed that CO2 levels soared in the absence of any SUV’s.

41 Responses to Progressive Thinking Shrinks Academic Brains

1. Gator says:

Apparently Seth does not shop at Walmart.

• AndyG55 says:

Already happening

• Gator says:

Is that really Seth? At Walmart!?

• AndyG55 says:

Don’t have Walmart down here.

But I do have to get some stuff at Bunnings

I hope the sausages are up to scratch :-)

(every Bunnings store has a sausage sizzle Saturday and Sunday for local fund-raising) :-)

• Gator says:

Sounds like my kind of store!

Not that I am a “sausage” fan, but I lived in Stuttgart, and have enjoyed the finer cooked tubular meats ever since I had my first brat (That’s German for sausage, and not the brat that that gets a participation trophy).

With all the “choices” out there, one must specify.

• Gail Combs says:

German for sausage…
            OH, my drool. A German “Schnellimbiss” will spoil you for an American hot dog forever.

• AndyG55 says:

Funny how, at lunch time on either Saturday or Sunday (not both), I always seem to find something I need to buy at Bunnings :-)

Today.. A wide spaced power board.

Todays were pretty good (they do vary quite a bit).
            One on the way in, one on the way out.. lunch done :-)

Gotta do my thing for the local clubs. ;-)

• gator69 says:

I still enjoy a good (or bad) American hot dog, but then I am a sucker for American dogma.

All kidding aside, I’ll take a rumpsteak over a brat any day of the week.

• Gail Combs says:

Well nothing beats a good steak, not even chocolate (but it is darn close)

• AndyG55 says:

“All kidding aside”

No, I think they use beef bits, over here, unless otherwise stated.

Unsure what the supermarket ones are made of ;-)

• R2Dtoo says:

Geez Andy – that efmaplanht is really cute! I want one. Are they easy to house train?

• Ralph says:

My cat coughed up something that looked just like that!

2. AndyG55 says:

This is what passes for peer-reviewed science..

And they wonder why we laugh !! :-)

3. Jack Striker says:

I know you’re making a joke, Tony, but this guy is referring to the loss of megafauna like megatherium and glyptodon and paraceratherium, which certainly were bigger than what we have now. Of course we know they died off not due to the atmosphere at the end of the last ice age, but to human hunting. Early Quaternary CO2 had nothing to do with it.

4. Lawrence13 says:

You may laugh but look at Mammoths

• AndyG55 says:

“You may laugh”

Your permission is not required for an automatic response. :-)

• tonyheller says:

Mammoths were hunted to extinction.

• RAH says:

Dwarf Mammoth remains have been found on various islands and they lasted longer than the general population on the mainland. Their dwarfism is believed to have been the result of reduced food supply in their isolated locations.

So it would seem that the evolutionary reaction of a large mammal herbivore to less food supply is downsizing so that less food is required for sustenance.

Also the fact that those dwarf Mammoths survived on their isolated islands longer than the general populations point to human predation being a major factor in the demise of the general population.

However I would not go so far as to say overhunting was the only factor which led to their demise. After all the many American tribes hunting buffalo with primitive weapons didn’t put much of a dent in the great herds of Bison that once roamed the American plains. It took men armed with firearms and fences to do that.

So IMO the story of what led to the total eradication of the species is not complete.

• RAH says:

One other thing. The fact that the dwarfs in their isolated locations outlasted the general population could also indicate that a communicable disease was also a factor.

5. Andy DC says:

Bigger is not necessarily better.

6. sam says:

Global Warming Moron of the Month: Elizabeth Muller

I shit you not, I came across this woman’s post:

She cheats on her husband and ‘justify’s’ it, and then she advertises it-under her real name.. and ofcource she works at some AGW supporting org. how classic

• AndyG55 says:

Pretty clear the BEST mess was designed from the start as a scam reinforcement.

I saw an income statement one, (may even have been on this forum)..
      half a million dollars per year from “Anonymous”.

No doubt in my mind that they are being PAID to torture the temperature data to agree with , or increase NOAA and their AGW scam adjustments…

…. and gees, do they torture it !!

This sort of cheating is obviously just part of her general being.

• sam says:

oh wait.. i guess hse’s saying she really is talking about chocolate.. I thought that was symbolic. oh well still a moron just doesn’t deserve the MoTM award.

• AndyG55 says:

Not sharing the chocolate !!!! and they expect to trust BEST on climate sceance…

I don’t think so !!!

If her hubby can’t keep track of chocolate, how the heck does he expect to look after temperature data.

Surely he MUST know there is cheating going on !!.

• R2Dtoo says:

Cheating is probably considered a “microagression” now. Her husband has to say “ouch” and she has to say “oops” and all will be well. At least that is what they now teach in university. Aren’t you glad we have post-secondary edification.

7. toorightmate says:

We are saved!!!
    Hallelujah!!!
    The smaller animals will emit lower amounts of CO2!!!!

• R2Dtoo says:

I hope I live long enough to be able to go to my favourite steak house and order “a whole cow”.

• oeman50 says:

So if increasing heat causes smaller animals, then colder temperatures must cause larger ones. That’s why the dinosaurs flourished during ice ages?

8. SxyxS says:

Well,Borenstein is 100% right :)
    Many many Million years ago when much much more co2 was in the atmosphere
    and the arctics had been ice free
    animals shrunk so much by global warming that the biggest animals ever appeared on this planet appeared:
    Up to 30 yeards long and dozens of tons in weight:
    i think their name was
    Dinosaurs.

Since it got “colder”(due to a comet impact or vulcano activities or whatever)
    they shrunk so much that nowadays biggest Lizards weigh at best 2% the weight the biggest dinosaures did.

The warmer it gets in a reasonable way the less Energy a body needs
    to keep running
    and the more Energy can be used for growth
    and evolution
    and that’s why variety and size of animals and plants usally are much higher
    in tropic regions and that’s why most big sized animal that ever lived on planet earth lived in warm fertile regions.

On the other hand:
    the church of AGW obviously needs to pull every year a new stupid doom&gloom scenario out of their Butt.
    No matter how dumb and wrong,
    as long as they can make themselve that way look like intellectual ,great guys saving planet earth they will keep on.
    They should give Seth the Pullitzer for this crap.
    Considering Al Gore got the oscar(obviously for best acting and reading other peoples script while getting filthy rich)
    and the noble peace prize(a scam that made him superrich is surely good for peace)
    it would be well deserved.

9. gator69 says:

When was the last time anyone saw a giant midget?

I rest my case.

• SxyxS says:

Well-almost every day,
      depending on wether you think that a 5 foot tall person
      is the tallest midget ever or the smallest giant in history :)

10. CO2 levels never soared. They always shrank:

11. Shooter says:

Last I checked, all of the largest species known in paleontology evolved in warm, hot climates. The scientists who conducted the study apparently do not know that Megalodon got as large as it did thanks to an Earth around 5-10 degrees warmer than today’s. Be thankful today’s modern sharks are nowhere near as big as that monster was.

• RAH says:

I used to do a fair amount of work for Phosphate mining operations in Florida. Huge drag lines, some so large they walk instead of using tracks, scoop up the stuff and dump it into hoppers with grizzly bar screens. From there it is pumped through long pipe lines as a slurry to the processing plant where it broken down further before the actual extraction of the phosphate begins. Not unusual to find Megalodon teeth in the screens. Here is what a typical bucket from one of those monsters looks like.