Illinois Summers Are Getting Much Shorter

In 1928, Illinois had 157 days between their first and last 95 degree day. The length of the hot season in Illinois has plummeted, and in 2014 they only had four days between their first and last 95 degree days. The length of summer in Illinois is down about 35% since the 19th century.

screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-6-59-37-am

Heatwaves have gotten much shorter too. In 1925, Mt Vernon, Illinois had 25 consecutive days over 95F but since the mid-1950’s the maximum heatwave length has plummeted.

screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-7-05-03-am

Professional fraudsters like Seth Borenstein claim that the exact opposite is happening, because they are paid to lie about the climate.

screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-7-14-06-am

2016’s hellish summer weather: A told-you-so climate moment? | TheLedger.com

When Seth isn’t busy lying about the Arctic, he finds other climate things to lie about.

Image 43

Star-News

19 Responses to Illinois Summers Are Getting Much Shorter

1. TA says:

“Hellish”. How ridiculous! It was very pleasant around my neck of the woods. I’ll take a summer like this every year, if given a choice.

The “hellish” example from that article was a hot area in the Middle East that is always “hellish” this time of year. It’s a desert, after all, and is known for having extreme high temperatures in the summer. Extrapolating that to the rest of the world, is one of the lies in this article.

Hottest year evah? No way.

2. Bleakhouses says:

Here in NYC we had a very mild summer. A short early hot spell and then one hot week in mid-August as expected. Another summer with no 100 degree days.
    I know its anecdotal but my tomatoes came ripe very late this year, probably a function of the fact that we didnt have a lot of rain (more than the heat), but the crop is only getting heavy now, the latest in the 20 years I’ve been planting them. That said, there were a few years back at the turn of the century where I still had them ripening in early December.

• Gail Combs says:

These last few summers in mid NC were milder than summers I saw in the NYC area in the 1960s.

Give me a break ONE day at 98F, ONE day at 97F, ONE day at 96F and ONE day at 95F, all the rest under 95F. That is not a hot southern summer.

3. Sunsettommy says:

The Summer in my area was cooler by a lot from last year,with fewer days over 100 than usual too.

4. Colorado Wellington says:

Progressives are very progressive and they love virtual reality. I know a lot of people who nod in agreement every time they hear that this *) is the hottest year ever.

———-
    *) I heard it in Boulder this year, last year, in 2014, 2013, 2012, …

5. Winnipeg Boy says:

If it rains at least once every 48 hours in hell, then yes, this is hellish.
    3-6 inches expected in Twin Cities next 2 days.
    As the wise Randy Moss once said ‘This is a once in a lifetime thing, that happens every once in a while.”
    Straight cash homie.

6. CheshireRed says:

Is it me or is there a rash of these totally bogus media-hyped ‘climate-change-is-here’ stories about now? It’s almost as if alarmists sense Hillary is losing and Donald may just be about to take the big prize, so they’re trying to agitate for political action while they still can.

More than anything in world politics I’d LOVE to see this agw scam to be exposed by irrefutable emails (and maybe more) showing collusion and cheating to the highest levels. If the Donald gets the WH he’ll have all the authority he could wish for to access Hillary, Mann et al’s emails on state servers. I suspect The Team are absolutely shitting it.

• Gail Combs says:

No it is not you. The MSM is busy blowing smoke up the rearends of the progressive snow flakes hoping to scare them into voting for the Hitlery Hag.

Psych-Ops: Psychological Operations and Systemic Solutions

Peacetime applications of psych-ops are perhaps most evident in political election campaigns. Common techniques used to influence public attitude and opinion are:
      * using radio and television to distort events
      * manufacturing “news” in staged events
      * recruiting and using opinion leaders and media figures
      * adjusting appeals to group interests (e.g. trade unions)

7. RAH says:

I made delivery to a warehouse e at O’Hara airport this morning. I opted to take I-294 around instead of taking the I-90 “skyway” through town. It rained and when that happens the dumb drivers get dumber and start running into each other. So it took me over 1 1/2 hours to drive the last 38 miles to my destination. Here is a pic I took. Shocked me at first when I saw this and then I realized it was the airport Fire Department practicing on an aircraft mock up. With the threat of terrorism this days can anyone blaming me for assuming the worst before I had a chance to really look and see what was going on?

• Gail Combs says:

What do you think RAH, guys, would something like this work?

WOW, talk about thinking outside the box. This is about the riots here in North Carolina last night.

joshua says:
      September 21, 2016 at 8:08 am

need to use a crop duster plane with pepper spray and purple dye…..spray the crowds and arrest anyone dyed purple the next day….fine them and put them to work on cleaning up streets and neighborhoods….hard labor in the hot sun for a few weeks…….might get the message…and anyone in a riot from outside the area of his residence goes to federal prison as a person who incited and aided a riot.

• RAH says:

I like Louisiana because they still have chain gangs. Or at least they did in the early 90s. Saw them working along the river at Carville, LA. Personally I think every state should still use chain gangs.

• RAH says:

Oh, BTW today is a good day. There are five of us guarantee on call drivers. The weak sister among us no longer works for the company. He got a ticket for 14 mph over the speed limit and a warning for improper lane usage. Warnings count for points against we that have a commercial drivers license. Since this slug had gotten another speeding ticket last November his CSA score was too high for the company to keep him. Thank God! Three of other guaranteed drivers had already refused to team with him.

It is not that I wished the guy bad luck. I knew I didn’t have to. The guy has no business driving a truck IMO and I knew sooner or later that something would happen. it’s great he is off the road without there being an accident.

Fact is that when I go out I hustle to get out and back. We guarantee drivers are on a rotation so the sooner one gets back the sooner their available to run again if need be. All of the rest of us do that. It is the only fair way to work it. This guy would take his time. I mean REALLY take his time. He loved to run from one truck stop to another for some reason. Doesn’t make sense. Once you’ve seen a few you’ve seen them all. But that was the way he was.

8. Andy DC says:

If it was such a hellish summer, how do you explain a record corn and soybean crop? Humans can lie and play games with with temperature readings. Corn and soybeans cannot lie.

• bleakhouses says:

Explain those crops? Easy; Monsanto, GMOs, man. Big Farma can do anything., even make crops flourish during the hottest year evuh. I still can’t figure out why they don’t help all those starving people, must be no profit there.

• RAH says:

Andy DC says:
      ………”The full court press is now on with climate change alarmists as a Trump victory could put them out on the street.”

Some of them need to be put on trial. The rest need to have their “work” put on public trial and be professionally humiliated. ITT just got put out of business by the Democrats using the government control of student loans. Perhaps a combination of that tool and cutting of research funding for those that have been producing junk would put academia on notice that the jig is up.

Some would say doing such a thing leads to a “slippery slope”. I say academia is already sliding down a slippery slope and the decline in the quality of work needs to be arrested. There HAS to be accountability.

9. Oh, No, it’s yet more incredibly boring alarmist, fabricated nonsense coming from the direction of Seth BoringStone. Close up photos of small scrub fires in California prove nothing.

10. AndyG55 says:

This year’s temperatures have been pretty much average over the according to un-tainted data sets. A slight effect from the El Nino in last Dec, and in Feb/March, but that has basically disappeared now.

There is basically a ZERO TREND in all in-tampered data sets.

11. Bob Grise says:

I read Seth’s piece in the Minneapolis Tribune. In St. Cloud, MN we had a very average summer. I checked and Cleveland and Detroit did have their hottest summer ever – no doubt thanks to the urban heat island. Detroit broke the record by a ten of a degree but nearby smaller cities like Flint were not their warmest ever. I believe Chicago and Green Bay had their coldest winters ever just a few years ago. I don’t recall Seth writing a column about that. And as for wild weather, todays low prices for all grains tell the tale, the weather has been great hence the farmers can’t get a good price for their crop.